Split Ends

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Split Ends Reviews

January 4, 2011
November 6, 2010

A review of the movie Split ends by TheSalonGuy.

A touching close to home movie about a Scottish born Hair Stylist struggling to keep her business open while local government, corruption and charm try to take over her property.

A slow start suddenly turns into an emotional suspenseful tale of the true life of a Salon Owner. While finally paying off her property and looking to grow her business, local government and corrupt investors attempt to take over the local stores to build "Cortona". A luxury mall and condo complex that will replace dozens of local shops. The storyline may be somewhat familiar; however the movie grew on me. It had a "cult classic" feel to it which was very appealing after a somewhat slow start. If you are a fan of movies that have dry humor, seduction and corruption which many classic movies do, then I highly suggest checking out this film. It is a true representation of the passion, dedication and love for people that Hair Stylists really have. Despite a charming handsome Investor, a corrupt local government and a sleazy Mayor, Salon Owner Lizzie Munro doesn't give up and fights to keep her business open. This is a great tale of inspiration, perseverance, dedication and passion. There a many racy and romantic moments in the film, roller sets and good Italian food. I highly suggest checking out the film as it will bring a smile to your face and remind you about how we should love our profession.

TheSalonGuy
James  F.
January 4, 2011
November 6, 2010
A review of the movie Split ends by TheSalonGuy.

TheSalonGuy
Gila Z.
July 30, 2010
Loved it. Really charming movie. Please note - Vincent Pastore - Big Pussy on The Sopranos = is one of the stars, but not mentioned in the cast list.