Spring Breakdown (2008)
Average Rating: 5.5/10
Reviews Counted: 10
Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Jan 16, 2009 Wide
Average Rating: 2.7/5
User Ratings: 1,791
A trio of thirtysomething friends (Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch, and Parker Posey) go vacationing at a popular spring break resort frequented by college coeds in order to prevent a politician's daughter from embarrassing her family. Larry Kennar and Rick Berg produce a script penned by director Ryan Shiraki in collaboration with star Dratch. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Jan 16, 2009 Wide
Jun 2, 2009
WARNER BROTHERS PICTURES
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Is "Spring Breakdown" as good as "Mean Girls"? Or even as good as "Baby Mama"? No, not quite. But it's funny enough to be in the same neighborhood, and that makes it well worth a recommendation.
When I did laugh, it was because of some weird little twist one of the actors gave to a line reading or some bit of physical comedy they tried. It wasn't because the movie itself was actually witty.
Spring Breakdown rides a very fine line between total trash and intelligent provocation, mall multiplex dreck and Troma-esque satire via the grotesque.
A very bad genre exercise starring some very good comedic actresses who really should change agencies soon.
Audience Reviews for Spring Breakdown
- Becky: [handing Gayle a hamburger] Here, eat this.
- Gayle: Thank you. This tastes so fucking good!
- Gayle: You know what happens to bullies? They get whatever they want but they don't get love, real love.
- Gayle: [response to the seven's prayer] So weird you guys are religious.
- Ashley: Douglas.. Your mole is growing back!
- Ashley: This is not just a talent show, this is a war.
- Becky: Judi, are you OK?
- Judi: Well, it's just that huevos rancheros always reminds me of William
- Gayle: Cuz he went down on that Hispanic guy?
- Judi: No, cuz it's our Sunday tradition!
Discuss Spring Breakdown on our Movie forum!
Latest News on Spring Breakdown
June 1, 2009:RT on DVD: Defiance, Revolutionary Road, and Snakes on a Submarine
This week on DVD catch up on a few big flicks you might have missed in theaters, including an...
October 10, 2007:Warner Bros. Responds to "No More Female Films" Rumors
It seems that reports of Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov's misogyny were greatly...