Stag Night

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Stag Night Reviews

Dean !

August 27, 2011
A average at best horror film that is a cross breed between the much better Creep and Wrong Turn. It borrows a lot from Creep but doesn't have the same tension, scares, or overall creepiness of that film. There is nothing subtle about this. People end up in the wrong place and come across some underground cannibals. Some good gore scenes if you like that. Otherwise pretty average going.
thefog1331
thefog1331

May 6, 2010
Nothing much worth reporting in this low budget survival slasher. It's an uninspired amalgam of Creep and Wrong Turn except the tunnel dwellers all look like Rob Zombie.
Todd S

April 17, 2010
Cannibalistic, machete wielding, homeless men, living in the NYC subway system, where they raise families, keep farm animals, and can tap into electricity and cable tv. Yes, this movie is THAT bad! I don't mind a gorefest, but this movie wasn't even scary. There was zero character development, as they spend all of about 10 minutes on a background story. It's just a bad movie, basically just a chase through the subway tunnels. We all know what's going to happen! What a fucking waste of time!
Jason C

January 19, 2012
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING appealing about this movie. The story has nothing to offer, and at no time is it interesting. The actors are a few familiar "where have I seen him/her before" faces who have nowhere to go with this massively lame script. "Where the hell did these Rob Zombie, hatchet wielding "mutant" type people come from," is all I kept asking myself throughout the movie. Avoid this at all costs, even if you're just looking for a cheesy horror film. It's a mess of a movie that uses all of the worst horror gimmicks you've ever seen in bad slasher flicks. I felt sorry for the actors who had to suffer this.
Nick G

July 27, 2011
Imagine you're an idiot who can't find your way out of a paper bag. Now imagine in that paper bag are the combined homicidal offspring of Rob Zombie, the neanderthal's from the Progressive commercials, and a family of inbred chimpanzees. Imagine that for whatever reason, they want nothing more than to feed you to their trusty dogs that live in the one square mile of underground they call home; which, you couldn't find your way out of after 90 minutes of running, screaming and jitterer on crack camera work. That's this movie.

Now imagine that you watched all 90 minutes of it like an even bigger idiot...... that's me -- son of a (@#!(

I really wanted to like this movie. I very easily could have. It's got my favorite quirk: complete isolation.. with lots of opportunity for scares and suspense as a horror / thriller hybrid. These are opportunities lost though, and there are tons of ways this movie could have been done better, and very few that could have been done worse.

Something as simple as reworking the annoying, grunting and moaning feral humans - which are apparently capable of stealing cable and electricity, but fail at life in every other way - and explaining their motivations with the dogs would go far.

I'd give it one star.. except I really like the whole lost in the subway system angle. It was done better by Creep, and The Midnight Meat Train.. as well as many others.. but they get a bonus for going that route.. plus a halfway decent cast.
Christopher B

February 23, 2011
I'm usually the first guy to defend a lot of Ghosthouse Underground releases. No worries with me doing that with this turkey.
John2223
John2223

October 18, 2009
'Stag Night' was a pretty decent low-budget horror flick, which delivered for what it was. It uses clichés well, fast pace and some solid gore.
justybear96
March 20, 2012
Saw this late at night on my movie channels. I thought it was pretty good for going straight to dvd. But its the acting that holds this movie back.
Brody M

February 17, 2011
Better then I thought it would be but still nothing I'd add to my DVD collection.The subway cannibals looked like the evil twins of the Geico commercials cavemen.Nothing really else worth saying
August 3, 2009
Better than expected. Biggest complaint is it was shot too dark since it took place inside the NYC subway system.
June 3, 2013
Nothing but worthless
February 28, 2013
Wrong Turn NYC Subway Style
January 31, 2012
Generic and ridiculous tale of a group that gets trapped in the subway and hunted by canabals that look like Charles Manson clones. Simply dreadful!
January 24, 2012
All gore and no suspense.
January 22, 2012
Killer cannibal transients lurking in the subway system of New York!!! That's more than enough reason to see this, right? Not a horrible movies by any means, but it's a fairly decent horror movie. I love direct to DVD stuff like this, and if you enjoy it then I think you'd enjoy this somewhat. Oh, and this movie once again proves that nothing good can come out of being out and galavanting past 2am!!!
Kevin B.
January 21, 2012
One of the most unoriginal movie plots I've ever seen! This is one of the best examples of paint by number film making that I have ever seen, ever halfassed cliche is in full effect and the gore is nothing but uninspired at best!
January 15, 2012
do NOT watch this movie. picking your nose would be more productive and probably more satisfying.
September 24, 2011
really enjoyed this. great horror film!