Stage Door Quotes
The top Stage Door quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Terry Randall: Oh, darling, you're sweet... I wish you were going to be there to hold my hand.Kaye Hamilton: I'll be there... [Terry looks at her] ...in spirit.
- Kaye Hamilton: I felt the same way a year ago. I felt like running and hiding from everyone... But after you're through that opening speech, there's a thrill you'll never forget. It's a thrill that can only come once.Terry Randall: I can't figure out whether it's thrill or agony.Kaye Hamilton: It's both.
- Anthony Powell: How long have you been coaching this girl?Catherine Luther: I've only had her a month.Judy Canfield: Incredible: No one could possibly get that bad in a month's time. .
- Eve: Girls, I think we have a new queen bee for the hive.Judy Canfield: But the same King, King Anthony the first.
- Jean Maitland: Psst! Pardon me, there's a dust storm blowing up. [affectedly] Howjado.Linda Shaw: [flaunting her sable coat] Have we met socially?Jean Maitland: I hope not. [taking in coat] A very nifty piece of jack- rabbit you have there.Linda Shaw: Just a little trinket my Aunt Susan gave me.Jean Maitland: I think it's terribly unselfish of these little animals to give up their lives to keep other animals warm.Linda Shaw: They're very smart little animals. They never make sacrifices for the wrong people.
- Judy Canfield: If you weren't so snooty you could have had a date with me tonight.Jean Maitland: You can have my share of those timber wolves.Judy Canfield: They may be timber wolves to you, but they're meat and potatoes to me.Jean Maitland: Don't you know any younger men?Judy Canfield: I'm tired of buying dinners for younger men.
- Jean Maitland: Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?Terry Randall: Another one?Jean Maitland: Are those trunks full of bodies?Terry Randall: [indicating trunks on either side of open one] Just those but I don't intend to unpack them.Jean Maitland: I was just thinking if the room got too crowded, we could live in the trunks.
- Jean Maitland: When does your baggage get here? [It already fills the room]Terry Randall: [opening one of several trunks] I'm expecting the bulk of it in the morning.Jean Maitland: We could leave the trunks here and sleep in the hall. There's no use crowding the trunks.Terry Randall: [taking out furs] I don't know what we're going to do when the wolf hounds arrive. I hope you don't mind animals. [tosses fur on bed]Jean Maitland: [picking up fur] Oh, not at all. I've roomed with a great many of them before.Terry Randall: Yes, I can see that. [as she unpacks fur coat]Jean Maitland: [smelling the fur she picked up] Fresh killed?Terry Randall: Yes, I trapped them myself.
- Terry Randall: How expensive are your rooms?Mrs. Orcutt: Thirteen dollars if you share a room, with a girl in advance.Terry Randall: Well, that seems rather high isn't there some reduction by the week?Cast of Play: [girls in living room giggling]Mrs. Orcutt: It is thirteen dollars a week.Terry Randall: Oh, my mistake.
- Terry Randall: The calla lilies are in bloom again.‐ Submitted by Chris P (5 years ago)