Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

puffchunk
October 18, 2007
Better than the movies.
November 19, 2006
If you're a Star Wars geek you'll be in heaven, but if you're not you obviously won't bother. Better than the first batch in the sense that the episodes are longer, but the Anakin plot with the vision quest or whatever was kind of lame but the battles were pretty neat. It's nice to see that the clone wars we've been hearing about since 77 didn't get completely passed over. My biggest complaint was the voices as I felt like I was watching Team America at points--especially whenever Anakin spoke.
½ July 7, 2007
The second season of the Clone Wars cartoon series dealt with events specifically leading up to "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith". There are some great Jedi battles. There's also a tangental plot of Anakin performing a cave rescue on a tribal planet and having a premonition of things to come; interesting but it felt out of place in the Star Wars universe. It's cool to see the final episode, which takes us right to the battle which began Episode III.
sainttom93
½ July 5, 2007
Unlike younger people who never experienced the earlier Str Wars movies (4,5 &6) I appreciate the background that these "first" 3 chapters give us -- I thought each of them carried the story line VERY WELL into the earlier chapters
January 25, 2007
For details, see my review of volume 1. This is more of the same greatness. It also segues directly into Revenge of the Sith.
June 30, 2006
Once again, these episodes show why the jedi masters are masters. These batch of episodes are also longer making everything more epic, also showing how badass General Grievous is. Exciting from the beginning right up to the moment it ends, which is literally where Episode III begins.
December 28, 2006
All hail SW!
mingsysar
August 15, 2006
The best Star Wars creation.
½ October 21, 2012
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 1 (and its predecessor) are the two best things to come out with the name Star Wars for a long time. They actually are set during a war, they introduce some cool villains, the action is really good, and it follows the tone of the original Star Wars movies a lot better than the prequel movies.
½ March 19, 2007
The longer toon format works well here and the animators are allowed to use better pacing of the story. Very fun.
February 2, 2012
Holy Crap, the Cartoons are better than Ep 1 and 2. Lots of fun action and we get to see Yoda Knight Anakin.
May 7, 2008
WAY better than vol. 1 with some really cool insight into the characters, but the Jedi are just too damn strong. The Jedi could have easily won the clone wars if they this strong in the movies.
June 5, 2007
Great animated "bridge" between Episodes II and III has some of the best animation I've seen on TV in years... This is was a great lower budget approach to showing the Clone Wars onscreen than a multi 100 million dollar production it probably would have required... They still were able to tell a damn good story and introduce new characters into the mythos effectively...
½ February 25, 2008
This one, over vol. 1, answers many more questions, like how Palpatine was kidnapped, etc. Good predecessor to episode III.
½ February 8, 2008
Lovely. Voice acting sucks, but... it's a cartoon show, so what can you expect? Very action-packed good times.
August 19, 2012
More fantastic Tartakovsky animation and storytelling.
½ July 21, 2011
These cartoons -- by the creator of Samurai Jack -- have loads of material that I liked better than the prequels. Mace Windu's solo scene is great; Anakin and Obi Wan's dynamic is fun; the city battles are engaging; and it's hard to accept that neither the lightsaber duel at the ancient temple, in the rain, with raindrops hissing into steam of the blades, nor Asajj Ventress who participates, ever made it to the big screen (at least, she didn't make it in live-action form).

Every time I watch these, I'm absorbed, and, every time, I try to imagine a way The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones could have been written so that this material could have been in there instead of a lot of what ended up in there.
September 21, 2013
Volume 1 and 2 nicely bridge the gap between the theatrical Star Wars films. They also stand well on their own for their excellent blend of action and pacing. Fans of the original Star Wars trilogy will enjoy the many subtle nods to episodes IV-VI. Anakin Skywalker's character is more engaging in this version than in the "real" movies, as well as his relationship with Obi Wan.
½ January 10, 2013
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume 2 (which features season 3) is an epic, engaging set of animation shorts that flesh out The Clone Wars and give a lot of background information on some lesser known characters.
½ March 16, 2013
These cartoon fill ins between the movies episodes I, II and II were far and away much better then the just mentioned movies