Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed Reviews

October 30, 2008
Another great documentary about Star Wars. This one about Star Wars' (all six episodes) use of mythology, literature, religion, history, and psychology. It shows how all the characters and plot developments relate to Joseph Campbell's understanding of myth and the "Hero's Journey." So far I've only read one of Campbell's books, but I really love what he has to say about mythology. Though I was never a big Star Wars fan growing up, this doc has helped me appreciate the stories much more.
November 1, 2008
Excellent documentary that goes into the major influences and interpretations of the Star Wars saga. It even sheds some light on the awful prequels and showed that their intentions wasn't all that bad.
November 9, 2008
I was never a big Star Wars fan growing up, but this documentary has helped me appreciate the stories much more.
August 12, 2015
fantastic documentary !
January 22, 2013
Another great Star Wars doc, this time from Kevin Burns.
November 1, 2008
March 26, 2009
Recommended by Clemontine.
½ May 26, 2009
This was absolutely fascinating. Its a documentary comparing the Star Wars saga to history and mythology, and interpreting a great deal of themes and symbolism. It may not be as fascinating for other Star Wars fans, but I also have a great interest in history and enjoy mythology. But regardless, it is very insightful. There are also many great names adding their thoughts, from filmmakers to historians and authors. Definitely check it out.
May 2, 2009
very good documentary on the star wars saga, goes into the mythic ideas that lucas used to help create the movie saga.
December 27, 2008
Another great Star Wars doc, this time from Kevin Burns.
November 9, 2008
½ October 30, 2008
super duper ...seen it, like to see it again
October 30, 2008