40% As Above/So Below Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Star Kid Reviews

August 1, 2012
a great sci-fi flick with laughs, and a gripping story. check it out
September 2, 2012
I remember when this movie came out I avoided it like the plague. Stupid title, ugly poster and directed by Manny "Dr. Giggles" Coto. Ugh! Man, was I wrong! This is actually a surprisingly great family film with some really good-looking FX. I'll definatly see this one again.
March 3, 2012
This is an excellent film, so good that I went to the cinema to see this three times as a little boy. Why do so many people hate this film; that I don't understand, is it snobbery or have people forget what it is like to be a kid. The story is brilliant, there is this wimpy teenager, beaten up at school and always runs away. Soon he finds a robot suit that gives him super powers and all of a sudden he is the tough guy on the block, but his powers will be put to a greater test when he has to hold back an alien invasion. This is a film that has great special effects, a strong story and fills me with childhood nostalgia.
October 18, 2011
Alright visuals and good sentiments make up for a few of the movie's flaws. It doesn't compare to The Neverending Story, but it's above average in the realm of children's sci-fi.
July 7, 2011
Recently I vetted this movie for a middle school science class. I didn't remember the name but when I heard it described and saw the cover I said OMG IS THAT THE ONE WHERE THE ALIEN TRIES TO GET THE KID TO PEE OUT OF HIS CHEST?!!?!? DEFINITELY one of my favorite movies as a kid... however that was the only part I could recall offhand, which attests to the cinematic quality (:P) . That really is the only invitingly emotional scene, next to the bullying and crushes that are just awkward and painful. Even for kids it doesn't set very good examples, like teaching the exosuit that being vindictive is humorous. Except for the suit's face looking even stupider than the kid's, most of the sci-fi subject matter and problems presented conform very accurately with scientific notions, especially regarding artificial intelligence, exosuits, and extraterrestrial things in general. I'm pretty sure the organically based bad guys are based on the Venga Va or whatever bad guys from the Star Wars books. Anyways, I love this movie, even though it sucks.
March 6, 2011
This movie was coooool
January 27, 2011
cheesy...but not in a good way.
therealgenius
January 22, 2010
Worth watching (albeit only once) if you're a Joseph Mazzello fan. This wasn't too bad, and Corinne Bohrer seemed less annoying than she did in the 80s.
November 21, 2010
FUCK YEAH STAR KID THIS MOVIE IS SO FUCKING INTENSE IT MAKES ME WO WET UGHHHHHHH
Slinky J.
July 6, 2010
With Joseph Mazzello (Jurassic Park) in a leading role finally. This film fails to capture any imagination what so ever. Failing to make it a good childrens or sci-fi film.
June 1, 2010
Fun, but empty kid's sci-fi action flick.
jam233
December 21, 2009
I am sure it would be great entertainment for kids, but adults will only be mildly entertained. It's not too bad, it has some imaginative touches, but a really successful family film needs to be just that, a film that appeals to all family members.
Coxxie M

November 6, 2009
you know if i lived the rest of my life without flixster reminding me of StarKid, it would have been fine. so theres my answer to this movie
allkimboo
March 31, 2009
a lonley boy who gets the suit of some aliens made and its high techonology and it talks to him and he wears it and fight with it the ones who wants to get it
shesdownbytheriver
shesdownbytheriver

January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
339z
July 2, 2006
this is an ok film...i have not seen this film in ages...its was ok i guess but i dont really remember that much of this film...this was an ok film the special effects were pretty good in this film....the acting was ok i suppose its ok i guess for a kids film...
lorin9
October 21, 2008
it's like a mixture of star wars, ender's game, and gremlins. It is so cheesy that it doesn't even deserve to be called a knock-off
TheBibbster
August 1, 2008
BLITHER BLITHER BLITHER!
b3rtrand
July 31, 2008
I watched this movie as a kid. A long time ago and I remeber how much I enjoyed it.

Had cool effects and a good story. I also remember how I wanted the suit to be slightly different; more battle ready.
saiyan90
July 31, 2008
I wished I had a suit like this when I was a kid.