Siu nin a Fu (The Kumite) (Star Runner) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Siu nin a Fu (The Kumite) (Star Runner) Reviews

November 14, 2011
Cool martial arts film and I see this also has an emotionally and touching between the teacher and student. The fights range from decent to good, and the final brawl in an international kickboxing tournament is impressive.
Korean actress Kim Hyun-Joo is so beautiful and Vanness Wu is okay, but theirb characters is also the weakest element of the film.
February 10, 2008
An Ok Movie, was dissapointed in the action, more of a chick flix, Its in My collection but I don't know why.
December 23, 2008
The DVD box is completely misleading- this is not a movie called 'Kumite', but a 90s HK flick called Star Runner. The US release is badly dubbed, but honestly, there wasn't much to work with in the first place. Good action, but strange premise. I think the overall message Star Runner sends is that it's okay and not at all inappropriate to be a student, and fall in love and sleep with your teacher. Oh yeah, and somewhere along the way, there's a martial arts tournament.
May 19, 2007
The action was great... when there was some. It was such a drama it wasn't even funny. I expected alot more action! But the action it did have was pretty good. They just focused too much on the love story.
½ March 18, 2007
Hyou Kim Joo really makes a great debut here. If your unfamiliar with foreighn films, this one shines as she really plays her role well. great effects here, and a lot more surprises than expected from a oriental type movie.