—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Siu nin a Fu (The Kumite) (Star Runner) Reviews

October 11, 2012
A chick flick where the main character happens to be a MMA fighter. I saw it because it was nominated for Best Action Choreography at the Hong Kong Film Awards. There's an awful lot of waiting for the action to happen, when it finally happens, it's good. More Rocky than Shamo.
November 14, 2011
Cool martial arts film and I see this also has an emotionally and touching between the teacher and student. The fights range from decent to good, and the final brawl in an international kickboxing tournament is impressive. Korean actress Kim Hyun-Joo is so beautiful and Vanness Wu is okay, but theirb characters is also the weakest element of the film.
deano
deano

November 14, 2011
VanNLeNt
June 1, 2009
Ahhh.. TotaLLy CUte..COOL.. AFo!
December 23, 2008
The DVD box is completely misleading- this is not a movie called 'Kumite', but a 90s HK flick called Star Runner. The US release is badly dubbed, but honestly, there wasn't much to work with in the first place. Good action, but strange premise. I think the overall message Star Runner sends is that it's okay and not at all inappropriate to be a student, and fall in love and sleep with your teacher. Oh yeah, and somewhere along the way, there's a martial arts tournament.
mrjap6
November 12, 2008
Not what I expected, it's like a love story.
August 6, 2007
LOVED VANNESS IN IT!! =D
August 5, 2008
Just like the karate kid.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

February 10, 2008
An Ok Movie, was dissapointed in the action, more of a chick flix, Its in My collection but I don't know why.
AZDEVIL1
August 6, 2007
Well made martial arts flick with a little romance for the ladies to top it off!! Excellent fight scenes and action!!
prathersteven
August 4, 2007
this film was pretty good. Some action, but mainly a story about achieving your goals.
May 19, 2007
The action was great... when there was some. It was such a drama it wasn't even funny. I expected alot more action! But the action it did have was pretty good. They just focused too much on the love story.
March 21, 2007
Well, the name made me laugh.
tombowling49
March 18, 2007
Hyou Kim Joo really makes a great debut here. If your unfamiliar with foreighn films, this one shines as she really plays her role well. great effects here, and a lot more surprises than expected from a oriental type movie.
cinluv
December 18, 2006
It is a chi movie although not much ppl noe but the motivation quotes inside are gd!
meanikitions
December 10, 2006
This film looks interesting to watch and having an action pack type of setting seems good to watch
naomileung
October 22, 2006
REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sea1605
October 4, 2006
i love vanness wu in here!
robisonjm
August 16, 2006
The best movie of all time.
June 29, 2006