Critic Review - Christian Science Monitor

The young cast is mostly callow and TV-bland and the special effects don't quite seem worth that hefty price tag, but overall this is a presentable addition to the franchise.

May 8, 2009 Full Review Source: Christian Science Monitor | Comments (7)
Christian Science Monitor
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

dodgerblue

Phil McGroin

Why don't you just admit that you don't know jack or **** about FX.

May 8 - 03:10 PM

Chet M.

Chet MAgellan

He just did... and more.

May 8 - 06:29 PM

Ged2012

Gerard Espiritu

TV bland, meaning you don't like shaky cams, industrial pipes, and extreme closeups?

May 8 - 03:56 PM

Matthew D.

Matthew Dynda

Having seen the film, I respectfully disagree. The cast was excellent, and the special effects were breathtaking.

May 8 - 04:14 PM

IrreducibleKoan

Sean Pak

I can see where you got the complaint about the cast. Sometimes I felt like I was watching a JJ Abrams tv episode, because of the acting and the screenplay. It is simply ignorant to bash the FX, however. Easily some of the best I've ever seen.

May 9 - 02:38 AM

evo bane

dj hanson

the special effects were spectacular and more over, they were well used. not a penny was wasted in the budget. JJ gave it everything he had and more and I was very pleased with the results. going back again tonight after work. best movie experience in a long while since slumdog if you ask me

May 9 - 08:04 AM

Alan Funkle

Alan Funkle

by bland he means no personality wich i agree. this movie was made to draw in 18-25 year olds that havent seen and grown up with the better original. i thought it was better than most of tng's movie fair (love tos,tng and ds9) except first contact. i would say it was mediocre to awful in parts for a reboot, including the god awful score. fans of this think transformers 2 and g.i. joe are visionary film making, star trek for dumb jocks. lol. the reboot will never rekindle the movement roddenberry started.

Oct 19 - 02:46 PM