Trailer Bulletin: Exclusive Star Trek TV Trailer!

Summary

Thrilled by today's debut of the new Star Trek trailer? You're in for a Trekkie treat, as we've got an additional exclusive TV trailer for J.J. Abrams' 2009 sci-fi spectacle! Back to Article

Comments

niall1

Niall Cavanagh

SIIIIIICK..this looks awesome, i hope its like lost mixed with trek..that'd be the bomb

j.j. abrams is THE MAN

Nov 17 - 12:22 PM

niall1

Niall Cavanagh

except anton yelchin sucks but his presence won't make me ANY less excited for this

Nov 17 - 12:27 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Agreed on Ahton. Cool trailer though, even though it starts out a little stupid with Kirk and ends stupidly with Eric Bana talking to the camera. I am over all really excited for this, I loved the show as a kid but I hated all the movies (except for Khan).

Nov 17 - 12:45 PM

Defmonkey

Tyson Herritt

Spock showing emotion?!! :-0

Now I'm more excited why this that would happen.

Can't wait!

Nov 17 - 12:37 PM

ffamilyguy

Tyson Thomas

All right, let me just say WOW! This is how Star Trek should look like. Incredible! Finally, I am excited to see a Trek movie and won't wait til video release. Hey, if anyone knows anyone that knows George Lucas...tell him to stop making gay decisions about star wars and get someone good to make 3 more! NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT THE STUPID A$$ CLONE WARS!!!! I vote Abrams for new Star Wars trilogy or Christopher Nolan or Del Torro. And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch...I am just dreaming...I can dream can't I????

Nov 17 - 12:44 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Nov 17 - 12:45 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

WOW! Never thought I'd see the day. I'm having a geek moment for Star Trek! Not that I disliked Star Trek before, mind you, just was never a hardcore trekkie. But I agree with niall1. That trailer was FU.CKING SICK!

But niall1, really, get over Yelchin already. lol. Happy thoughts. ;-)

Nov 17 - 12:52 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

Looks quite amazing I can't help wondering if hardcore trekkies will be disappointed by how different this seems from the rest of the series though.

Nov 17 - 12:58 PM

Glyoung

Gerald Young

Screw em. We'll be the new hardcore Trekkies.

Nov 17 - 01:11 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

lol. Well put.

Nov 17 - 01:14 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

Oh yeah; getting my blue sweater and pointy ears ready right now.

Nov 17 - 01:44 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

"Screw em. We'll be the new hardcore Trekkies."

Couldn't agree more.

Original Series: liked it as a kid.
Next Generation: still haven't seen any of the 7 seasons. On my To-do list.
Deep Space Nine: by far my favorite Trek series.
Voyager: just ok. Liked the characters, had some good moments.
Enterprise: just ok. Liked the characters.

Movies 2, 3, 4, 6, and the ones with TNG crew were awesome. But I still consider myself more of a Babylon5/BattlestarGalactica guy.

This movie may change that...

Go JJ Go!

Nov 18 - 06:51 AM

Glyoung

Gerald Young

Screw em. We'll be the new hardcore Trekkies.

Nov 17 - 01:11 PM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

lol. Well put.

Nov 17 - 01:14 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

Oh yeah; getting my blue sweater and pointy ears ready right now.

Nov 17 - 01:44 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

"Screw em. We'll be the new hardcore Trekkies."

Couldn't agree more.

Original Series: liked it as a kid.
Next Generation: still haven't seen any of the 7 seasons. On my To-do list.
Deep Space Nine: by far my favorite Trek series.
Voyager: just ok. Liked the characters, had some good moments.
Enterprise: just ok. Liked the characters.

This movie may change that...

Go JJ Go!

Nov 18 - 06:51 AM

Matanuki

Matanuki .

lol. Well put.

Nov 17 - 01:14 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

First Batman gets a much needed reboot, then Bond and by the looks of this trailer, Star Trek might not be lame anymore either. Looking forward to it!

Nov 17 - 01:19 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

Oh yeah; getting my blue sweater and pointy ears ready right now.

Nov 17 - 01:44 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

Interesting. Agreed on the kid saying, 'I'm James Tiberius Kirk'.... Cheesy, and it reeked of Jake Lloyd's wonderful acting in Phantom Menance for some reason. Thought the motorcylce cop was cool though. I still hold high hopes for this movie. I got a 'Superman-esqe' vibe from the Spock scenes too, which is weird. I dunno. This should be refreshing and fun though. The addition of Simon Pegg actually makes this something I want to see.

Nov 17 - 01:46 PM

trgdr777

C Ferguson

This looks like it will be really fun. I do agree that there was a little bit of cheesiness in the trailer though. And yeah, hooray for Pegg lol.

Nov 17 - 02:01 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

LOL yeah Pegg looks awesome as Scotty

Nov 17 - 03:57 PM

SuperJerkmo

Anthony Lewis

@ rle4lunch

Let's not insult the kid in the Trek movie. The one line alone (while kinda corny) was practically Oscar worthy next to any scene by itself or in any combination that Jake Lloyd did in EP1.

The sad thing to me was that in the making of Menace they had like three or four other kids audition footage and they were ALL BETTER than JL yet he was still chosen? WTF?!?!

Nov 17 - 02:21 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

okay, one line is hard to judge. hopefully this kid only has a few sentences to say, cause his delivery on his name was, bad, bad, bad.

Nov 17 - 02:24 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

Nov 17 - 02:24 PM

u1sart

johann hart

WOW WOW WOW, i never did like star trek period, but this movie seems to be flipping the script on me. As i say aready and i say before, JJ abrams, is the man, it would be a good idea for him to do the avengers movies, what your guys think!

Nov 17 - 02:47 PM

JHE

Jimmy He

theres a new trailer out on apple also

Nov 17 - 03:26 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

i think this looks awesome, and i'm really excited, but i sort of liked star trek when it was lame. i just hope it's not a straight out action flick, coz star trek should have conversational elements and exciting revelations (as well as action, which admittedly was lacking in many previous instalments).

Nov 17 - 03:38 PM

tfortier

Thierry Fortier

yeah HD trailer on apple trailers page! I dont know... really. look not bad really, I just hope the bad guys are not that cheesy!

Nov 17 - 03:45 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

LOL yeah Pegg looks awesome as Scotty

Nov 17 - 03:57 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer