Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
Plus, Frances Ha is energetic and funny.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Fruit Hunters, a documentary about people who travel the globe in search of rare and delicious fruits, is at 100 percent.
- Noah Baumbach's Frances Ha, starring Greta Gerwig in a dramedy about an aspiring dancer in the midst of various personal tribulations, is at 90 percent.
- Augustine, a period drama about a kitchen maid suffering from seizures who attracts the interest of an influential neurologist, is at 86 percent.
- Becoming Traviata, a doc about an adventurous staging of Giuseppe Verdi's opera, is at 75 percent.
- The South Korean import Pieta, a drama about a loan shark who's visited by a mysterious woman claiming to be his mother, is at 71 percent.
- Black Rock, starring Kate Bosworth and Lake Bell in a thriller about a trio of friends on a camping trip who are pursued by vicious killers, is at 38 percent (check out our interview with the cast here).
- The English Teacher, starring Julianne Moore and Greg Kinnear in a drama about a reserved teacher who helps a gifted student to become a playwright, is at 30 percent.
- 33 Postcards, starring Guy Pearce in a drama about a Chinese orphan who develops a friendship with her Australian sponsor and is pulled into his criminal schemes, is at 25 percent.
- Erased, starring Aaron Eckhart and Olga Kurylenko in a thriller about an ex-CIA agent caught up in an international conspiracy, is at 21 percent.