Zack Snyder Debunks Star Wars Spinoff Rumors

Summary

Snyder's rep responds to reports by saying "While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new 'Star Wars.'" Back to Article

Comments

Valmordas

Val Mordas

This is news that's not exactly a disappointment. While Snyder's visual style is impressive, his end results generally have not been. Man of Steel will show if he has improved or not.

Jan 15 - 05:54 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

He's a very good director and knows how to coordinate photography and editing. However, he should never be allowed to write a screenplay again. If Michael Arndt worked with him as screenwriter, I'm sure the overall result would be pretty decent.

Jan 15 - 08:25 AM

Todd Knaperek

Todd Knaperek

So....Snyder's out, Abrams is out, Whedon isn't being considered...that gives us who? Nolan and Favereau to choose from before we hear about the raping of childhoods with rumors including Shamaylan and Bay?

Jan 15 - 07:51 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Jan 15 - 08:25 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

There seems to be a serious lack of guts in Hollywood right now. No one wants to direct the new Star Wars movie. Which means some new up-and-comer could really make a name for himself/herself.

Jan 15 - 09:19 AM

KoshKing777

Nate Fowler

Yeah, it's crazy! I can't believe how many people have turned this down. It's getting a little ridiculous. Who wouldn't want a Star Wars film on their film resume?!? I know they're probably intimidated due to the internet backlash concerning the prequels, but come on. I think, at this point, fans would generally be willing to show a little more grace to ANY director who's not George Lucas.

Moving on, the rumored spin-off's plot sounded like it would have been pretty sweet (7 Samurai, Jedi-style). I hope this idea isn't completely ditched down the road. I personally feel that the spinoffs have the potential to outdo the main entries - they're much more likely to have opportunities for artistic freedom and new directions. I certainly hope that whole concept stays afloat.

And they better NEVER approach Shamaylan and (especially) Bay with this franchise. Sadly, Bay just may be attractive to LucasArts, due to his bizarrely lucrative Box Office record...let's hope it doesn't come to that. Favreau would be acceptable, as would Terry Gilliam, imo...aaaaand, um...

Jan 15 - 10:45 AM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

My trouble with these new films is that they will most likely unrecognize canon, which has been meticulously built for decades so Disney stands upon it like it never happened. I love the Star Wars series, but a little more originality would be more than welcome. A "7 Samurai"-esque film set in SW universe is not original. In fact, there is such an adaptation in the Clone Wars animated series. I, as a fan, would never allow ANY director to work on it. I personally believe Christopher Nolan is one of the few key choices to rightfully work in Star Wars. I agree on the ridiculousness of turning down such an opportunity.

Jan 15 - 12:30 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Jan 15 - 12:30 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast