2015 or 2016 Release

There are many signs Disney is rushing this, this may be Episode VII downfall and the Sequel Trilogy. Anyone else see this?
President Pedro
05-16-2013 07:56 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Filmjoy

Filmjoy *

The later the better. I need more time to recover from my Star Wars fatigue.

Aug 17 - 03:57 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

It should have been 2017 so that
1) Obama's not president anymore so there be any negro-racist propaganda like Django Unchained
2) 40th anniversary of A New Hope.

May 20 - 08:38 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

oh and
3) They have more to flesh out the story and the movie itself.

May 20 - 08:38 AM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Point 3 is defiantly why 2017 is the best time to release the film.

May 23 - 11:54 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

"Defiantly"?

May 28 - 05:26 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

I don't insult people on the internet. But if I were to, I'd call you a dumbass for reason #1.

Jun 29 - 08:28 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

That's because you're weak

Jul 16 - 10:08 AM

President Pedro

President Pedro

"Definitely", shit my bad on that one.

May 29 - 07:36 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Mhm.

May 31 - 09:45 AM

President Pedro

President Pedro

I'm so sorry Mr. Wiseau, a man of your brilliance shouldn't see shit like that, please don't tear apart because of my fuck up.

May 31 - 12:15 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

I am no longer Tommy Wiseau. I am Harry S. Plinkett

Jun 3 - 10:52 AM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Want to buy a VCR?

Jun 3 - 01:33 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Who wants pizza roles? I have seven left.

Jun 4 - 09:58 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Well keep this in mind, Star Wars is under a huge microscope by its fans who won't accept less than greatness for the sequel trilogy; in my opinion the story should get a lot of attention and Episode VII should be 2016, just my opinion.

May 18 - 08:43 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Even if this new trilogy sucks, it will be better than that last piece of shit trilogy.

May 18 - 03:34 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Alex my friend don't count on that; this is Disney were dealing with, they'll milk Star Wars as much as they possibly can until one of their films can't break even at the box office. Expect numerous Star Films at the movies and straight to DVD over the coming years.

May 19 - 10:05 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

"This is Disney we're dealing with"? You mean the same Disney that made The Avengers? Thought so.

May 21 - 01:05 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Granted Disney hasn't milked Marvel or Pixar to death, yet, doesn't mean Star Wars will get the same treatment. Disney has already said they want to release Star Wars films annually and have numerous storylines and character films going on, if Disney goes through with that plan, which all signs point to, Star Wars will be tired out and the fan response will be that of he Prequels. Also Alex, this is Disney we're dealing with, I promise you eventually Disney start to do the same to Marvel, possibly Pixar; Disney is in the Hollywood system and doesn't care about quality as much, rather money. Star Wars will make Disney shit loads of money and they'll without a doubt do what ever they can to get that; so yes still expect numerous Star Wars films at the movies and straight to DVD over the coming years.

May 23 - 10:54 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

There will not be straight to DVD Star Wars movies. Come on, dude. These movies make too much money in theaters for them to do that.

May 23 - 04:16 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Well maybe that in a sense is a stretch, but Disney has done it numerous times before. Look at it this way bud, Star Wars for any studio is the ultimate wet dream. The prequels proved no matter how bad the film, Star Wars fans would buy anything with the Star Wars name on it. With Disney they wouldn't even hesitate cashing in here. They already admitted to a Star Wars film annually, ever two or three years, probably have an animated TV show, like Avengers got, and would have merchandising as far as the eye can see. Maybe there won't be as many straight to DVD films, but again they've done it with basically all their famous animated films and now that they have Star Wars, it truly wouldn't surprise me if they went that route.

May 23 - 04:31 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I understand that it's a risk and that if they milk it, then the series will get worse. But, I think that at least this new trilogy that they're making has a chance to be good.

May 23 - 10:11 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Episodes 7, 8, and 9 look to be in good hands. I have all the faith in Abrams and believe Arndt can write a good screenplay. If Disney can get the action, storytelling, and character development from their marvel films; Abrams direction at perfect form; and mature themes from the original trilogy, the Sequel Trilogy is going to be in good hands. After that, we'll all see if Disney is as greedy as I believe or has learned its lesson from all the mistakes they've made.

May 24 - 08:53 AM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

No. They are going at a perfectly fine pace. Filming in early 2014, post-production in late 2014 and early 2015, release in May 2015.

May 17 - 09:37 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile