TIME TO PISS OFF SOME FANBOYS

Guys, the prequels get a lot of shit for their bad dialogue. Now, I hate the prequels, but you CANNOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD say to me that the dialogue in the original trilogy was any good either. Was it better? Well... I'd say "Less awful." But really... is "But I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" really THAT much better than "I don't like sand?"

Discuss, discuss.
Diego Tutweiller
09-17-2013 05:00 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

J.s. Smith

J.s. Smith

Huh? you don't like the prequels? well fine then.

Oct 18 - 06:25 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Majestic Pigbutt Worm

Wait... there are actually people out there who like the prequels? Wow! I had no knowledge of this phenomenon!

Oct 19 - 07:07 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Just go visit the prequel forums and you'll see.

Oct 23 - 05:12 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

There are bad lines of dialogue in the original trilogy, I just think you could've picked a much worse one to compare.

Sep 23 - 01:22 AM

Diego Tutweiller

How about "And now, Skywalker... you will die..." for half an hour at the end of ROTJ?

Sep 28 - 10:43 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Still better than the dialogue in all three prequels.

Sep 30 - 06:42 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The prequels suck, yes. But for different reasons. The dialogue is bad in all the Star Wars movies, and the delivery is even worse. The only saving grace is the quotability of the individual lines and the few likable characters (Han Solo is still the best Star Wars character ever). Other than that, there's nothing there that qualifies as good dialogue. Yes, the prequels had that fuckass Jar-Jar, which dragged them down a lot. But when it comes to the actor's dialogue, they're all pretty much on-par.

Oct 12 - 03:56 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

I think the dialogue is easier to gloss over; with the prequels, it's the lack of character development, logic, and the way the story was told.

Sep 17 - 08:50 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Oh, I agree. There are so, SO many other things that the prequels get shit for, and deservedly. I'm just saying-- people tend to ignore the crap dialogue from the original three. Especially that one scene between Luke and Leia in the Ewok village.

Sep 22 - 05:50 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile