Star Wars: Holiday Special Reviews

December 30, 2013
That bad it's just really, really good!
December 22, 2013
Happy Life Day. Worse than you could ever imagine, The Star Wars Holiday Special lives up to its reputation. Unbearable to watch, it's just amazing how atrocious Star Wars can be in the wrong hands. George Lucas tried to wipe The Star Wars Holiday Special off of the face of the earth, but the power of the Dark Side was too strong.
½ April 27, 2012
I've only seen the Nostalgia Critic episode of this. I refuse to watch the actual thing. Can I give it 0 stars?
December 11, 2013
Speaking as a fan of the original three films, this has to be one of if not THE worst holiday special I've ever seen.(as of now...) I fail to see why this special exists in the first place and is all in all a waste of time.
½ November 27, 2013
Can't help but wonder how this could have possibly come into existence. It's about as bad as everyone says it is, and none of it makes sense and drives deep out of the conform zone. There are times when it's laughable though, otherwise it ends up just being a long sad mess. Be thankful Star Wars never broke out in musical numbers again.
November 23, 2013
Even worse than we wish you a turtle christmas
½ November 10, 2013
"If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that special and smash it."
-George Lucas
With George Lucas retired, I am hoping that he now has the time to fulfill his aforementioned ambition. I am perfectly willing to pick up my own sledgehammer and help him achieve the goal.
November 7, 2013
Although it's really bad and doesn't share much in common with actual Star Wars, I can imagine a few reasons one would watch this, which is why I wouldn't give this the worst rating ever: One is just to laugh at it. It's unintentionally awful and can be funny in that way. Though there is a cooking scene that is probably intentionally funny because it's really over the top. A second reason is you're diehard about Star Wars and just want to be able to say you saw it. This is the first time Bobba Fett is featured, so there's that. You can also see the original cast in a bizarre context outside of the usual Star Wars stories, so there's that as well. Lastly, you can witness some (relatively) ancient techniques in special effects and filmmaking that no one uses anymore. They turn out really cheesy, but they're here in this special. They play the original trailers at the end, too, along with some original toy commercials dating far, far back.
½ September 10, 2013
Dude what the hell, even Empire Strikes Back was better than this piece of trash.
½ March 6, 2013
The repulsive nature of this movie has not been exaggerated. It truly has to be seen to believed. Watching it boggles your mind and makes you think "How could this have happened?" even moreso than watching The Room, but The Room at least had unintentional hilarity, whereas this has NOTHING. There is not one enjoyable moment in the entirety of this film. The Boba Fett cartoon sucks just as much as the rest of it.

I'd still take this over Disaster Movie though.
½ August 23, 2013
Oh my God... Have you ever seen a bunch of drunk guys wanting to commit ritual suicide after a mere 2 hour movie? Well, gather your friends, buy some beer, and watch Star Wars: Holiday Special. Try to find a version with the commercial breaks intact. You're going to need them...
½ January 25, 2013
It is no wonder Carrie Fisher started doing drugs when she did this. You have to be the highest person in the world just to enjoy this. George Lucas said that he is personally ashamed of this lame excuse of a special. The makers should have just stripped this special of the Star Wars name and slapped on World's Dumbest instead. This makes The Phantom Menace about as enjoyable as The Godfather. This holiday special ignores the Star Wars canon at the time. Yeah. There is a scene where we see Greedo in a the Mos Eisly Cantina. I guess he did shoot first. The acting, writing, and everything about this special does not even deserve a 0 out of 10. If you come across any copies, destroy it. Trust me, it is pure evil.
January 10, 2013
It's utterly terrible in every technical sense, but the Star Wars: Holiday Special still has a goofy charm to it that only the most hardcore Star Wars fans will appreciate. Hey, the rebels gotta do something on their off-days, right? They can't be saving the world all the time.
July 16, 2013
Anoying wookies, good acting, charming moments, good songs, but it's worst than episode 1
June 14, 2013
Long, weird, and boring. The Star Wars Holiday Special is the worst Star Wars related movie or show. It wastes the Star Wars cast and the guest stars. There are only two scenes that are remotely decent, the cartoon, and the cantina scene but the rest of the special is just awful.
½ May 21, 2013
This movie ranks quite high on the list of worst movies of all time, let alone worst Christmas movies of all time. The main question that everyone seems to be asking is, "Why?". Its the holiday special that nobody wanted, but this is what we got anyways. The whole cast returns to reprise their roles, but that's about all that's good. The cast tries to work with what their given with, but efforts around are futile. So lets dive right into this holiday special. The whole plot revolves around a holiday called "Life Day". Han Solo and Chewbaca are desperately trying to get back to Chewbacas home planet in order to enjoy the festivities. That is basically the whole movie mixed with cameos from popular celebrities at the time. For what its worth this movie does have a pretty good mix of random things, but its very far and from between. The wookies all speak in their own dialogue and we are given no subtitles so we have absolutely no idea what they are saying leaving it up to our own imagination. That's one of the main problems here, the other is the sheer lack of anything in this movie, its so boring. The animated scene itself is choppy and the characters just seem odd. Its nice to see something new, but the way its delivered comes off wrong. Their are some musical numbers, but these just seem to drag on. I can understand what George Lucas was trying to do here, but this movie is just terrible. If you are a die hard Star Wars fan, it might appear campy to you and what not but hey maybe that's for you. If you a casual Star Wars fan... just give this one a pass. This is not the Holiday Special that you are looking for.
½ May 20, 2013
"This movie SUCKED...that's all i got to say.There's nothing in this movie that captures the awesomeness of Star Wars.Most of the movie consists of very pointless,boring and stupid scenes.Now i know why George Lucas was ASHAMED of this movie."