Stardust Reviews

March 13, 2015
My favourite film ever!
½ March 11, 2015
Keep watching and you'll find a delightful yet an adventurous magical story :)
½ March 6, 2015
So cute! Great watch.
March 4, 2015
Not even close to the book. Lots of good actors, but dialogue was strained, many pieces of the story just didn't work, in part because it strayed so far from the book. 6 of us started to watch it, 3 didn't finish.
March 1, 2015
The very definition of an overlooked gem, Stardust is a hilarious faux-fairy tale that boasts memorable moment after memorable moment. The characters are well-drawn and very funny, and even the convoluted story manages to be more than initially meets the eye. Fully realized and stuffed with imagination.
February 13, 2015
An almost forgotten gem!
February 12, 2015
I was a good kid...I read the book first, even tho I was super tempted to watch the movie. I am a bad kid and I do like watching the movie first once in a while. 0.o

Anyways...

Before I discuss anything else...I must complain about what they did with Clair Danes eyebrows. WHERE ARE THEY!? DO STARS NOT HAVE EYEBROWS? WHAT? WHY? HOW? Dumb. Ugh. Throughout the whole movie, I was totally distracted by the lack of eyebrows. Along with Clair Danes eyebrows, her voice and acting really annoyed me. Normally, I think she's an okay actress, but in this? She left me wanting more (and not in the good way). Was she trying to act nonhuman? IDK...but meh.

Besides for the missing eyebrows, this was funny. Way funnier then the book. The whole humor of the ghost of the dead brothers following around the live brothers was hilarious. In the book, it didn't work as well as in the movie. Their faces and judging ways were hilarious. They didn't have to say anything to make me laugh. Just an eyeroll. Along with the brothers being funny, the witch sisters had me laughing too. haha. They cast the perfect actress for the eldest sister. This movie was just making me laugh the entire time! It did have its "awe" moments because there is a romance going on.

It was upsetting that they cut out a few of the characters, but I totally get why sometimes too many characters in a movie can get confusing. Plus, they wanted to give Tristan's dad some more spotlight and more of a hand in Tristan's adventure.

I AM SO MAD THEY LEFT OUT THE LION VS THE UNICORN SCENE! UGGGGGGGH! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE FABLE REFERENCE!!!!! MEH!

However...they made it up to me in the ending. I like how they edited it a bit and added a little glimmer and more "awe" to it. :3 I can't say what, but I liked it a lot.

Book or movie? Ummm, I liked both, but honestly.........they were the same. There were some things I didn't like about the book and then some things I didn't like about the movie. I rate them about even. In the end, I stamp this with 3 stars as well. It would've been 4, but they cut out my favorite scene. >_____>

Favorite Character(s): Tristan (even tho he was a silly boy), the ghost brothers, the unicorn, and Tristan's mom
Not-so Favorite Character(s): Victoria (*sighs*)
Re-watch?: Yeah. I want to make Boyfriend watch it
½ February 3, 2015
I picked this up on blu ray today! A classic from Matthew Vaughn.
March 26, 2014
This was a film that I didn't expect much of, but ending up really liking. It has a fairy tale feel to it, but it is cleverly made and will appeal to older audiences as well. Some strong acting performances, and a very funny script, help this film to come across so well. Very impressed with Stardust.
January 20, 2015
Despite the change from the book's ending, I thought this was lovely. Lots of female characters, not all of whom are passive creatures in need of rescue, and some delightful surprise play with gender expression.

Hella charming. I don't have room in my heart for many "average young guy goes on heroes' journey to impress a girl" stories, but Stardust gets an honored place.
January 14, 2015
Compelling imagination.
½ January 10, 2015
Great comedy, great fantasy, great characters - this movie's very underrated.
½ January 1, 2015
76% for this goof fest?!?!?!?!
Robbanflix
November 4, 2007
Another saga movie like Narnia / Harry Potter etc. It was quite an average flick in that genre and fun to watch but nothing more then that. It has some good actors like De Niro / Pfeiffer which is nice. Story could have been better but overall a warmly welcomed adventure movie.
½ December 28, 2014
This movie was a lot better than I thought it would be. Not amazing, and at times totally cheesy, but in a weird way it worked well for the style.
December 28, 2014
....just saw this.....really enjoyed it!
December 17, 2014
Beautiful love story & I Love magic so thats a plus.
½ July 3, 2008
Itz much better than wut I thought it would be!!! some parts are just sooooo funny! xD
½ December 14, 2014
Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at the stars because we're human?

A young man in a small country town promises his girl that he would do anything for her. He agrees to go into a magical realm and retrieve a fallen star to prove he deserves her hand. Once there, he discovers he isn't the only one searching for a fallen star. A witch wants to use it to restore her power and rule the realm. Can the boy outwit the witch?

"Nothing says romance like the gift of a kidnapped, injured woman?"

Matthew Vaugn, director of Layer Cake, Kick Ass, X-Men: First Class, and the upcoming Kingsman: The Secret Service, delivers Stardust. The storyline for this picture was just okay and did not feel as compelling as similar pictures in this genre like Willow, Percy Jackson, or Harry Potter. The special effects were solid but the acting, despite the all star cast, was mediocre. The cast includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Mark Strong, Peter O'Toole, Ian McKellen, Henry Cavillm Charlie Cox, and Claire Danes.

"You smell like pee, you look like the wrong end of a dog..."

I grabbed this off Netflix as a movie my daughter and I could watch together. I was fairly disappointed by this picture and definitely thought it would be better. This is a very average addition to the genre and wasn't as good as it should have been for the genre. This is worth watching once but is not worth adding to your DVD collection.

"No star can shine with a broken heart."

Grade: C
½ December 9, 2014
Definitely a classic that can be watched over and over, just unfortunate that Neil Gaiman is okay with plagiarism.