Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods - Final Cut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods - Final Cut Reviews

½ July 10, 2012
The changes made here made the pilot episode much better. The effects were nicer. And that abrupt full-frontal nude scene was edited out.
May 29, 2011
Like some of the other reviewers said, I thought this was one of the best pilot episodes I have seen in a tv show.
Though it was longer than the original tv cut as the result of additional scenes, it was entertaining nevertheless.
If you have never watched Stargate before, I would totally recommend this first episode to you!
October 11, 2009
Technically, I've seen it, but this little ploy to spend munnies 'cause fandom love must have the COMPLETE collection puts me off. I'll watch it sometime~
October 6, 2013
Not seen yet, but really want to watch. With subtitles - my English is not too perfect to percept fast-spoken words
½ October 2, 2012
A nice end to the series with the fix up.
½ July 10, 2012
April 14, 2012
why cant i watch this?
September 19, 2011
A great start for a nice series full of adventures, humor and brilliant stories ...
May 29, 2011
January 6, 2011
Best Sci-Fi series to date!!!
September 12, 2010
For a TV pilot this was pretty darn good.
May 17, 2010
Reading up on this and all the Stargate film...Will the actual pilot was stargate...Will watch this one. again...
May 31, 2010
I watch it and remeber the diffrances between this one and the one that in the season one box set.
½ April 25, 2010
A much better cut than the original version. Although most of the changes are fairly subtle they all come together to improve on this, the begining of a saga.
April 20, 2010
Sub-par TV movie sequel to a great sci-fi flick...that became a cheesy TV series.
½ March 20, 2010
The one that started it all.
The beginning of what is now the longest running US science fiction series of all time: STARGATE SG-1.
March 16, 2010
Starring Richard Dean Anderson, in the one role he seemed made for, and leached it for all it was worth!!!!
½ January 31, 2010
February 15, 2010
Okay...but hated that they set up the next movie. Don't like this.
January 27, 2010
The SG-1 pilot was already great, but this director's cut makes it perfect. They improved the SFX, Christopher Judge complete redubbed his dialogue because he had not yet discovered his "Teal'c voice" when it was first filmed, and they cut out some awkward and unnecessary dialogue. They also changed things that did not fit in with future SG-1 episodes and of course took out the nudity that Showtime forced them to add back in the day. There is a new opening credits sequence and the ending is edited to make it feel more like a stand alone movie.