93% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Stargate: The Ark of Truth Reviews

John M

June 6, 2008
A solid continuation of the Stargate mythos. Hard to follow if not a fan of the show though.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 17, 2009
Honestly I was never a Stargate Fan. Wether the TV Series nor the Movies. I quit watching The Ark of Truth after about 30 minutes. I think it was a nice idea and all but I personally dont enjoy Stargate trilogy.

The Only one I liked was the Original one with James Spader.
skactopus
skactopus

September 26, 2008
Stargate SG-1 may be a defunct television series, but its legacy lives on in Stargate: The Ark of Truth. This adventure is the first film after the ending of the series and it provides a nice continuation to where the series left off.Do you need to be a fan of the series to enjoy this movie? No. Do you need to be a fan of the series for this to make sense? H*** yes! There is a 9-10 minute prelude before the film, but even that won't help you if you haven't followed the series. As much as I want to recommend this to all science fiction fans, I can really only suggest this film to people that follow, at least, the latter seasons of the show. At the time of this viewing, I have seen less than 50% of the episodes, but I know enough about the story to easily follow this film.The story isn't as complex as the TV series and that is a little bit of a disappointment. It does bring some nice closure to some elements while still leaving others open for future installments.The story may be lacking, but the action sure isn't. There is a lot going on action wise and that makes the hour 40 minute picture fly by. The CG is great as usual and the same can be said about the sound effects.All the major actors return to reprise their roles. Unfortunately, Don Davis and Richard Dean Anderson don't show up. The return of Morena Baccarin is candy for the eyes.This is a must see for Stargate SG-1 fans. For others, I recommend checking out some of the series first.
Jason S

March 23, 2008
This was a really good ending to the series. When the show ended it left the main story line up in the air and this flick gives us the wrap up. It really should have been done as the series finale.
All the actors are back and they are at the top of the game as they fight the enemy.
The effects are good but nothing we haven't already seen in the series already.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

February 29, 2008
As a dedicated follower of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, I did have a good time watching this. The story itself is really nothing special, as its just pretty much like an extended, higher budgeted episode of the tv show, continuing where they left off in the series in their battle against the Or-Ai. It was, however, quite exciting nonetheless, as it proved to be rife with all the familiar elements that we fans have come to truly enjoy, if not in some respects also love.

Too bad Richard Dean Anderson wasn't in it though, because his wonderfully witty and sarcastic character was really half the reason (at least in my humble opinion) to what made the series so good. His abscence in the last three seasons, as well as in this TV movie, is sadly all the more tangible. With that said, I'm already guessing by now that he won't appear in the next film either. Luckily though, this particular fact amounts to but a minor flaw in an otherwise solid production.

Anyway, on a final note (no pun intended), I couldn't help but love the music by Joel Goldsmith. Especially the classic and brilliantly composed intro theme, which is one of the best sci-fi themes of all time if you ask me. But that's another story :-)

"Of the four Star franchises: Wars, Trek, Gate and Search; Gate is easily my third favorite."
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

February 12, 2009
[font=Century Gothic]"Stargate: The Ark of Truth" is a movie that serves as a belated conclusion for the Orai storyline on "Stargate SG1." For those of you late to the party, the Orai are a group of religious fundamentalists seeking to spread the word of Origin at gunpoint in order to receive power from their worshipers. They were introduced at a point in the series when it also became watchable with the additions of Beau Bridges, Ben Browder and Claudia Black to the cast.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]At the start of the movie, the SG1 team is after the Ark of Truth which can be used to change people's belief systems to your own and theoretically rob the Orai of their power, if they are even still alive. For example, if I set off this device in Yankee Stadium, then I could convert everybody there to Mets fans which would be cool. However, this device can also be used for evil. [/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Stargate: The Ark of Truth" is an anticlimactic movie with a spectacularly derivative tangent that except for some atypical location shooting and one naughty word does nothing to differentiate itself from the series, especially in failing to play the allegory card. To reinforce this, the movie leans heavily on the continuity of the series which is to be expected but the references get a trifle obscure, so maybe it is best to go with the 9 minute prologue on the DVD. At least, "Stargate Atlantis" managed to end with a bang.[/font]
FanGirl
FanGirl

March 3, 2007
A nice wrap up the Ori storyline.
Sean S

June 30, 2008
Brings the whole Ori plot to a satisfying conclusion. I'm not sure that this movie is for everyone you probably should at least have watched some of the series over the last few years but maybe not as they do a fair job of filling in the gaps. Not bad action and the characters are always entertaining.
lcroya
March 25, 2011
as a fan of the series and most of the cast..I was not so impressed with this one..if you dont watch the series and are a sci-fi fan you will enjoy it more...
acorn072681
July 31, 2008
A very good ending to the series. I think it tied up any loose ends from the end of season 10. Also it was full of nonstop action and breath catching moments if you have seen the series. But a note to everyone, if you have not seen or finished the series, do not watch this film. Watch all of stargate and then this movie.
April 11, 2009
An epic movie to end an epic series! When the credits roll this movie has you begging for more SG-1!
August 1, 2007
This movie makes the series have a more complete ending. It's nice to see the Ori finally going down. In flames.
kalimathasura
December 31, 2008
Amazing. Rousing, adventurous and all the things that my life is NOT. There's danger and my favorite actor is smack in the middle of it all. Go Daniel!
mandazplace2003
January 6, 2009
Not quite as good as 'Continuum', but still great. There were things that needed to be wrapped up and this took care of them. More like an 'extended episode'... Very cool, though. MS is so nummy and Chris Judge shines.
November 26, 2008
This was a much more satisfying "ending" than the series finale. This tied up alot of loose ends and it did so in a well formulated and believeable setting.
August 29, 2008
A pretty good flick, though it's just missing something. Oh yeah! Richard Dean Anderson (RDA). At least it had Amanda Tapping in it!
August 14, 2008
Decent finish to the series. Wraps up a few things, but leaves something open for later movies. Wasn't a big fan of the new enemies the Ori, but it was fine as continuation of the series.
jessetorres19
July 30, 2008
Good for wrapping up the Ori arc. Satisfactory, but not really amazing. Fun, especially the part with the replicators. feels like a string of episodes in movie form, to be honest. but i love stargate, so it's great. =)
fallingpigs
July 29, 2008
Although this is a movie - it was just like a regular episode explaining the end of Atlantis's war with the Ori
whalefin87
July 14, 2008
It seemed to move too fast. The Replicator plot didn't seem to fit in. Other than that a good movie.