Startup.com - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Startup.com Reviews

June 15, 2007
As someone who grew up in Silicon Valley...this movie hits real close to home.
February 8, 2008
In terms of it's historical value, this documentary is very good in documenting the whole startup boom, unfortunately I just couldn't keep that interested in the subjects they had chosen.
½ July 27, 2006
Good doc.
March 11, 2012
This was a great documentary, and from someone's who started businesses and worked with others to start theirs, it was all the more interesting to watch them start their "dot com" from the ground up and learn from their mistakes.
½ December 22, 2008
Great documentary about the perils of entrepreneurism and the dotcom downfall. Also, shows how going into business with friends can change people and ruin relationships... again... perils of entrepreneurism.
½ September 16, 2007
This was released one week before I was laid off from a dot-com. It was painful watching it then but hilarious watching it now. I miss the days of building massive share-holder value at the speed of e-business.
July 14, 2007
This is a great documentary. A clear-eyed, unbiased account of what happened in the first dot-com boom.
March 6, 2007
Two childhood buddies began a startup to get in on the dot com boom. One of them is aggressive in making it a success. The other has other priorities at stake which eventually leads to the suffering of his friendship with his friend. Watch this to find out what happens to the startup and their friendship. This documentary also provides insight on the dot com era itself and what some of the hype was about during this time.
September 11, 2006
Brilliant fake documentary about fake companies, so close to the real start up boom. Watching it all fall apart is brilliant. The best film about computers in this style since "Pirates of Silicon Valley"
½ December 4, 2005
This was a pretty intersting documentary it definatly pulls you into the story. You watch the rise and fall of this company, but more so of the two individuals running the company. Definatly a sweet must catch documentary if you enjoy documentarys.
½ January 29, 2005
the bickering and fighting and egos were too much for me. I felt nothing for the characters because they were BASTARDS!
December 13, 2015
Some young American proffessionals decide to break from their successful careers to start a business and to film the whole process. The whole process is rather strange and I wonder how much of the stupid drama was for the benefit of the camera and how much was simply down to the fact that these people are extremely annoying. The story isn't very interesting but not completely dull either. If you can relate to these characters, especially the CEO, then you may enjoy this, but I pity you at the same time.
January 7, 2014
Is that what we looked like in 1999?
½ November 18, 2013
Despite being a little dates, this is a very good movie.
½ April 28, 2012
Full of dramatic irony, backstabbing, and a seemingly destined fall from grace, it has the trappings of a Shakespearean court tragedy.
March 11, 2012
½ February 28, 2012
Despite it being specific to one company, it was a good documentation of the dot com boom and bust.
September 3, 2011
The model for a business documentary
March 3, 2011
Interesting to watch, but no "wow" factor
February 28, 2011
hi dear, you should really see this! It's the best movie, please geit it! Thanks before.
Hugs and kiss, Love you