Movies Like Stealing Beauty

100% Veep: Season 3

Stealing Beauty Reviews

Red L

October 27, 2008
Liv Tyler plays Lucy who arrives in Tuscany to meet family, be sculpted, find out who her father is and to lose her virginity.

Liv is quite beautiful as is the Italian countryside, and coming of age stories are always fun, but this movie is tastefully done.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

January 16, 2008
Interesting, but not much.
Michael G

November 5, 2006
A dull movie with a beautiful landscape.
weelee18
weelee18

February 20, 2008
Beautiful story.. the cinematography was amazing..

Bertolucci knows how to make the audience feel like they are part of the story..

Jeremy Irons is brilliant and Liv Tyler gives an amazing,mature performance..
Marcus W

May 22, 2009
Liv Tyler goes to Italy with the intention of losing her virginity, "finding herself" and discovering who her Dad was in this arthouse gumpf. I think she managed to do all of the above, after an hour I got bored and found better things to do, so it was just on in the background.
mvieaddict
mvieaddict

March 29, 2009
This film blew me away. The hurt, love and pain expressed in this movie through the most simple way of cinematography is amazing. A classical film of life and death, of love and pain. One of Liv Lylers best acting jobs. I think that this is a film that maybe Americans won't really understand. Its very European in the way the individual characters interact. A must see for anyone who demands detail in a film. Its not just a love or romance film. Its about life in its purest form, about peoples imperfections and their desires. It brings out human nature as its over all theme.

Liv Tyler as Lucy was beautiful, and Bertolucci used her right. It was basically only her movie, everyone else is minor. Jeremy Irons also acted quite well. Rest of the cast wasn't bad either, except Rachel Weisz. Somehow she didn't quite fit into the whole thing.

A must to see !!
iLeo
iLeo

April 10, 2007
A personal favorite.
johnnapk3
August 29, 2007
gorgeous. the pace. the shots. it's like being slowly and perfectly seduced by a long-time lover.
~Lissa~

July 2, 2007
I liked it! This movie was funny and fun to watch.
Tuscany looks so beautiful and relaxing. Good looking people and that accent! I don't know what I was repeating but it sure sounded good!
Liv Tyler wasn't all that great in this but she did a good job portraying a virgin who just wants to get laid, but has enough conviction to not just do it with anyone.
I recommend you watch this if you enjoy beautiful sceneries and are not put off with people getting it on.
MovieGuruDude72
June 9, 2007
You know you have a bad movie when your only highlight is seeing Rachel Weisz and Liv Tyler topless.
kita3624
April 8, 2007
i love this movie for three reasons... 1. HOT ITALIAN GUYS, 2. it was filmed in Tuscany, Italy, 3. HOT ITALIAN BOYS!!!!!!
it is a really good movie... complicated but good.
QuidProQuo
March 27, 2007
Liv is great--not your average coming of age tale--almost any girl can identify with her situation :)
morganrose
March 16, 2007
This movie could have been much better had it focused more on the relationship between Jeremy Irons and Liv Tyler.
elahmar311
February 13, 2007
I dont know why but when this movie came out on Paperview I would watch it over and over and over again. I was in highschool and adored Liv Tyler.
TheBrownHornet
February 5, 2007
I think I saw a little too much of Liv Tyler in this one. The gorgeous Italian counrtyside lended this movie its appeal. Other than that, it was just a bland story about some horny old men trying to deflower a young girl. I kept waiting for the big orgy scene, since everyone liked to walk around nude anyway, but, alas, this sorely desired ending was not the one that was received.
December 30, 2013
Pleasant, lovely to look at film about the nature of love.
March 21, 2012
After the 6th try, finally finished it
February 17, 2012
In respects to the filmmaker Stealing Beauty is a bomb. None the less bombs dropped by Bernardo Bertolucci still fall to earth they just don't thud as loud as others.
moviebuff18cab
March 25, 2006
STEALING BEAUTY (1996)
September 18, 2007
A very personal and good looking film. The soundtrack is amazing and the Tuscany scenery unforgettable.