• PG-13, 1 hr. 43 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Step Up Reviews

April 6, 2008
Gar nicht realisiert, dass im Vergleich zu den späteren Filmen ja sehr wenig Tanz vorkommt. Die wenigen Tanzszenen sind aber immer noch toll. Bleibt bei drei Sternen. (Mai 2014)
---
awesome dance scenes! story is nothing new but all in all it was good entertainment. i enjoyed watching it. (April 6, 2008)
LauraLives
June 13, 2014
So what its a cliché? That's what that makes Step Up so great!
June 24, 2007
Future Movie night rental.
anathemadone
May 30, 2014
Not as good as some of the others as the dance scenes arent too great, but channing tatums still a good actor, so from that point its a good movie. Still worth watching, but the sequels are better :P
April 14, 2014
I got to say that "Step Up" is a movie that will get you mind into the rhythm of great dancing. The performances in this movie are really outstanding. "Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum's chemistry is like magic with a breath of fresh air!" The directing by Anne Fletcher is excellent. The screenplay by Duane Adler and Melissa Rosenberg is really good. The choreography in this movie is so well done. "It's a totally a knockout!" And the score is really magnificent. Other then that I got to say is "this movie is that is entertaining and enjoyable!"
January 6, 2007
Different/Not Bad/Kinda Liked.
Buggy43
April 6, 2013
Okay, so now I get what all the fuss is about over Channing Tatum. Holy yum! He is perfect for this role in a predictable, fairly dumb, yet utterly addictive movie. The dance sequences (and music) is really good, watching Channing move in those loose fitting jeans is all kinds of good. The romance and storyline sucked me in. Enjoyed this way more than I expected too. 03.13

"Tyler Gage receives the opportunity of a lifetime after vandalizing a performing arts school, gaining him the chance to earn a scholarship and dance with an up and coming dancer, Nora."
SelenaGFan
February 16, 2007
They say it's very nice!!
jtgreat20
April 17, 2009
i luv this. the movie i met CHANNING TATUM
Luke Tegan
July 1, 2012
I thought that the dancing was awesome and the drama was gripping
June 15, 2007
I saw this in theatres the the entire rest of the night I was dancing everywhere I went. I usually really don't like "dance movies" because the acting is terrible and the plot not all there, but this one is somehow worth it. Lots of fun.
thebrat1169
October 8, 2013
Good movie if you like hip hop which I do. All of the Step Up movies are good except Revolution
Gill L.
October 8, 2013
When this film came out I loved it. I still enjoy it a lot when I see it. What ruins it for me is the way it was followed up with WAY too many sequels that really have nothing to do with the original premise. This movie is pretty good but unfortunately for me, it's now clumped in with a franchise I just want to go away.
Jacqulinemreid27
September 17, 2013
It was a great film and I would tell family and fiends
February 24, 2008
Nice story for kids - dreams, friendship, love, the meaning of life etc., however seems way to fake and obvious to an adult, so it's rather a waste of time.
August 30, 2013
They actually make films like this?
Larissa R.
August 16, 2013
the story line wasn't very interesting, but the dancing was well done.
Milo M.
August 11, 2013
My sister watches this movie whenever it's on TV, Idk why!!!
Monica Susie
August 6, 2013
It's every inch the cliched and predictable teen dance love story, but it's not all bad. Whilst this film may predominantly appeal to teenagers and Channing Tatum fans (such as me), it's got some good dance moves added with a touch of urban drama. It's something that young people can relate to. The film is about a young delinquent Tyler (Channing Tatum) who is made to do community service as a performing arts academy after causing vandalism there. Initially frustrated to be there at first, he meets Nora (Jenna Dewan) a dancer and helps her practice for her major dance recital when her partner drops out.

It's hardly Dirty Dancing, but Channing Tatum has more charisma and likeability than Patrick Swayze. The acting isn't amazing and Nora is irritating with her constant pouting and strops (Jenna Dewan looks like a young Sally Field actually), but towards the end she's not so bad. It's a fairly likeable film with a decent story and good moves, but it's not my usual cup of tea.

Grade: B-
August 4, 2013
Watched this for 1st time tonight. Good but predictable dance movie, liked to see Channing Tatum dancing.