Steve Niles' Remains Reviews

½ September 16, 2013
I've enjoyed other Steve Niles material, but this just never found anything new to say to me, and the only thing different about it was setting it in Las Vegas, but populating it with annoying characters never allowed us to find anyone to really root for or care about, so what's the point in watching?

Pass, unless you're just a die-hard fan of anyone involved.
½ November 24, 2013
Dumbest zombies ever, and a complete waste of time.
July 8, 2013
I enjoyed this flick. Pure escapist fun. It's a popcorn flick and it works on that level. Shakespeare - it's not. I liked the characters. They were fun and refreshing in a genre that is quickly approaching saturation.
½ May 8, 2013
74%

Not familiar with the source material.
½ April 8, 2013
Remains (Colin Theys, 2011)

Another film based on another Steve Niles piece, with expected results. This one, which pays tribute to 80s B movie Night of the Comet, sets its action in Las Vegas, and if you've seen a half-dozen random zombie movies, none of that action is going to be unpredictable-you have zombies, you have holed-up survivors, and you have the group who intrude on the survivors' territory and mess everything up, in this case military types led by Fringe's Lance Reddick. There is some amusement to be had with a hamster-ball-like contraption that allows folks to wander around outside, but that is in no way enough to allow you to suffer through this ridiculous attempt at horror. 1/2
January 22, 2013
Sorry Miko Hughes ,, This movie Is HORRIBLE ..
½ November 25, 2012
having read the comics years ago, i can still tell that this movie takes only some ideas and similarities to the source material, and then completely doing its own thing unsuccessfully.
October 28, 2012
Remains was a movie made for Chiller. It had a TV budget but besides the army truck crash scene, and a few explosions I would give the low budget movie a good grade. Your main characters all have baggage but when it comes down to it you don't care too much about the characters you care more about how they are going to survive.
August 19, 2012
not bad, need more gore. :)
½ July 14, 2012
Maybe I got spoiled by AMC's "The Walking Dead", but so far (about 1/2 through this) the characters are one dimensional, the zombie effects are really poor, the zombie behavior isn't cannonical, and the show just seems to throw the occasional horror film 'jump out at you' with a stirring loud chord cliche.