—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Stick It Reviews

John M

June 28, 2008
This little seen teen comedy is excellent. Jeff Bridges and Missy Peregrym put on a good show and the gymnastics is amazing at times. Real gymnasts are throughout the movie like co-star Maddie Curly, a UNC Tarheel All American Gymnast. If you havent seen this movie do yourself a favor and watch it. Its well worth the time.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
The film was ok. Missy Peregrym was fiesty and she really carried the film. Kellan Lutz is also undoubtably beautiful.
Richard C

July 24, 2010
C
KJ P

January 26, 2010
Story, I can see how it is likeable by teen girls, but this film is terribly weak!
Jennifer X

June 22, 2007
I wish this movie existed without the whole rebellious thing. Which kind of undermines the whole script, actually. But the reason that I still enjoyed it is for the gymnastics and only for the gymnastics. Missy Peregrym is freaking TERRIBLE actress.
Red L

November 2, 2008
This movie is OK as a filler during the NFL commercials. Typical rebellious-teen-who-mends-her-ways-and-solves-the-sport's-problems movie.
Megan S

August 31, 2008
I actually really enjoyed this movie. It was really cute and there were some really funny moments. Some of the "dumb gymnast" moments were a little over the top though.
magnum32004
magnum32004

October 10, 2006
It's "Bring It On" meets "Rebel Without A Cause".
Rachel F

July 5, 2007
I love this movie. I aspire to be more like Missy Peregrym's character, Haley, because she's just badass.
Tim B

March 2, 2007
A little more interesting than I expected, in that unlike most movies of this type, the sport isn't completely interchangable. This movie is specifically about gymnastics. Having said that, it is still not as funny as I had hoped.
Jason S

December 27, 2006
Not that good.
Leigh R

August 29, 2006
Wonderfully happy film. Fantastic cast and beautifully written. Funny as all-get-out.
deano
deano

October 23, 2006
Missy Peregrym's very impressive in her gymnastic skills and this is fun, authentic movie about girls in sport.
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

September 30, 2006
really good and funny acually. i wish i could do all that stuff!
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

June 19, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "Stick It", the judges give Haley Graham(Missy Peregrym, who made a better impression on "Heroes") full marks for her dangerous stunts on her bike in a housing development but the arresting police are less than pleased. The judge(Polly Holliday) gives her a choice - go to Texas Military Academy or VGA. Haley chooses the military academy but is overruled. VGA is the Vickerman Gymnastics Academy run by Burt Vickerman(Jeff Bridges, clearly overqualified) who has a reputation for getting his pupils injured. And Haley is not thrilled to be reentering a world she walked out on suddenly two years previously at the World Championships...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Stick It" has a quality message about how gymnasts specifically and girls in general are forced into constricting roles by their controlling parents, when, in fact, all they want to do is have fun. But the delivery is off. For a movie about attitude, it strangely has none and simply comes off as flat, when it is not being flashy. And the climax is especially hard to believe. Overall, this is a disappointing film from writer-director Jessica Bendinger who wrote the screenplay for the entertaining "Bring It On."[/font]
Dannielle A

September 17, 2006
"Think about your wenis!" I wasn't expecting much from this movie. But it was awesome.
Yinalí R

July 19, 2007
It's great!
Nicolas K

November 2, 2007
I am pleased I did not spend money to watch it.
William G

November 7, 2006
Little else besides hollow zingers and kaleidoscopic camera work.
chadroesti
chadroesti

February 5, 2007
Don't look at me that way, I didn't want to watch it! It was just on and I have very few channels ok! I got sucked in by all the little leotards and bare midriffs. Kidding aside, this was actually kind of a decent movie. I have yet to see a movie with Jeff Bridges attached to it that is bad. Follows the training and sacrifices that young women make to become the best gymnasts and all the crap they have to put up with from their parents, coaches, and judges! Actually pretty funny!

This movie is going into the sports flick list instead of chick flicks to make it more palatable that I enjoyed it..