Still Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Still Mine Reviews

August 30, 2015
Good acting. Poorly paced. Plot could have benefited from a deeper look into the family..
August 12, 2015
I watched this movie today and I highly recommend it. I had intended to watch it as I did some wire wrapping. Not only did this capture my attention but I flubbed my project. hehe Leaving it in my Prime watch list in case I want to watch it again. <3
½ July 31, 2015
I am speechless to describe this movie, this is a true story about middle-aged couple who are fighting against local authorities in their area of countryside. the picture is not perfect but its kind of movie everyone would enjoy watching.
very touching and heart-warming.
July 25, 2015
I found this movie to be thoroughly enjoyable. It drew me in from the very first scene and I was never bored with the films pace. the characters were sweet and relatable, and the performances are spot on. The bureaucratic nonsense that this man endured is something that everyone can relate to.
July 22, 2015
Still Mine reminded me so much of my grandparents. Absolutely amazing movie.
July 19, 2015
Just a touching film about growing old with grace. Stunning performance by James Cromwell with good support from Genevieve Bujold.
June 14, 2015
A fine but simple film that isn't meant to make us sad (it well might) but instead represents the indomitable spirit of mankind. It also represents the untold story of so many (including my own family's).
June 2, 2015
Excellent! Cromwell and Bujold are perfect and the director really captures the writers true feeling of each and every moment. I loved this movie very much.
April 25, 2015
2015-04-24 beyond excellent
April 4, 2015
This is an exquisite film of the highest caliber. Genevieve Bujold is outstanding as is James Comwell. If you're growing older, please check this film out. Rewarding.
April 1, 2015
Based on a true story, this is a slice of life in the life of an elderly couple. James Cromwell is mesmerizing in his performance. Not to be missed.
February 11, 2015
Nice story that has the feel of a Hallmark channel movie except for the terrific performances of the leads(Cromwell in particular).
½ July 27, 2013
James Cromwell is amazing in this. It's got a sort of southern gothic feel to it. Craig Morrison is adamantly defending his right to do what he wishes with the land that has belonged to him for decades. He's not quite willing to part with his dignity as he enters the final stages of his life, much to the chagrin of the powers that be.
August 6, 2013
Wooooow! This one will break your heart in the kindest possible way. Many of you will likely see shades of your parents or grandparents, which makes it all the more endearing, and heartbreaking. The ending is NOT sad, I promise. Highly recommend. (On Netflix now.)
January 14, 2015
James Cromwell bowled us over when he shot Kevin Spacey in LAConfidential and he doesn't get a lot of leading roles. In this movie, he shines as the husband of Geneviève Bujold. The supporting cast is excellent. A favorite of mine is Campbell Scott as the lawyer.
½ January 13, 2015
This movie is a political statement against the role of Government. They throw in some rant against universal health insurance while they are at it.
½ January 3, 2015
This is a very small film but it is well done. It is based on a true story and it is acted beautifully. It does have it's slow parts, but otherwise it is decent.
½ December 30, 2014
Pretty good love story about growing old but it's a bit more than that. It's a tale of how society has changed and a question of if all the changes are for the better.

Cromwell's character lives on a 2,000 acre farm with his wife, who is beginning to loser her memory and physical abilities. In an effort to keep that marriage going, he decides to build a small home on the property. He encounters problem after problem when dealing with government regulations. It becomes a question of how all the micromanaging can affect us. Even when he proves his work's value, it's still not good enough for the government. How can that be?

So finally, it's a movie about principle. What do you do when you know you're right and doing something for the right reasons. It's slow and the characters never to a terrible lot, but it's just a nice drama.
½ July 12, 2013
In essence, it's a TV movie with all the simplifications that suggests. But it's a TV movie raised to something more by Cromwell and Bujold.
November 29, 2014
The performances of Cromwell and Bujold are Oscar worthy. Superb. That's all.