Sting: Moment of Truth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sting: Moment of Truth Reviews

TheGame90
February 12, 2008
Not that good....pretty much just his story....nothing fancy
May 7, 2007
Amazing story of the Icon Sting! From Drugs, Women & Wrestling he makes his way to salvation! A great true story of how the Icon Finds God!
August 24, 2011
The story of Sting, the wrestler, from his early days, to the creation of one of the most outrageous and memorable pro-wrestling personalities to his rebirth as a devoted Christian. This film stars Steve Borden himself, and it can't help feel like a vanity project and little more than that. It's rather weak, but remains a novelty work that some fans will certainly appreciate.
½ September 21, 2013
As a Christian and a Sting fan, I was incredibly hopeful for an emotionally riveting account of Sting's wrestling career and his personal life. Though WWE likely owns the footage to many of Sting's fights and therefore such footage was unable to be included in the movie, the ridiculously corny and staged matches do not fool audiences for a moment. Rather than utilizing staged interviews and terribly long reenacted road trips, Sting ought to have just spoken candidly, involved other wrestlers who observed his transformation, and gave us a real glimpse into his life and conversion. I really appreciate Sting's boldness and his faith, but I think viewers would simply get more from reading an article about Sting than watching a 90 minute documentary that should have been a 30 minute special on 60 Minutes. Don't rent it, don't buy it.
September 22, 2012
The movie paints a beautiful picture of Steve Borden's life and look on religion, but its symbolism makes it come off as weird for the sake of weird.
½ March 31, 2011
(**): Thumbs Down

I liked the positive message of the film but the low-budget production values and the bad acting by everybody (except for Sting), really hurt the film as a whole. Fair at best.