Stingray Sam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stingray Sam Reviews

February 22, 2011
An oddball Western/Sci-Fi/Dark Comedy/Musical. Shortlived TV show (not sure if it ever actually aired anywhere) that follows the adventures of Stingray Sam and Kuazar the Kid. In an effort to repay their debt to society this duo is to rescue a young girl who has been kiddnapped, and is being held on an affluent planet called Fredward. It got 3 stars for being unique, and unlike anything I've ever seen, but there really isn't much here for you to sink your teeth into. Worth a watch, but you probably won't feel the desire to re-watch this ever again.
½ February 10, 2014
Cute little six-episode series (ten minutes per, so an hour total) following Stingray Sam as he saves a girl who was kidnapped.

Two parts Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, one part They Might Be Giants, and one part Cowboy Bebop.

A technical upgrade over director Cory McAbee's first film, but still maintains the campy charm he throws in.
March 11, 2014
Consistently weird and delightfully wonderful, this Cory McAbbe's masterpiece is noticeably warmer and life reassuring than his first hit The American Astronaut, yet still perhaps not for everyone. Featured songs like Little Shoes, Scottsy, The Captain fully deserve to be singles on their own.
½ January 20, 2014
How can I resist this kind of quirky fun? I can't! Non-stop giddy packed into a single hour. I haven't had this kind of fun since David Byrne's "True Stories". Must see for indie freaks.
½ May 30, 2013

Bloody mad, genius. Not as good as THE AMERICAN ASTRONAUT, but darn near sunny boy.
½ May 4, 2013
Awesome, funny, and visually cool!
½ March 10, 2013
WOWEEE!! It's back to the 50's TV space operas. Gotta love it.
½ January 20, 2013
Billy Nayer Does it again. No astronaut, but still a stylized wonderland.