Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator Reviews

½ July 31, 2008
Gator the rise and fall of Gator is just one of those documentaries that even if you arent into the subject matter will keep your fall attention from the first shot to the last this documentary follows the story of 80's vert skater Mark *gator* Rogowski who let fame and drugs spiral his life out of control untill the fateful day when he was convicted of murdering his a girl he knew of course as with most documentary's ull see interviews by the people that knew him and stuff from gator himself really worth a watch
½ July 11, 2008
The synopsis says it all: The rise and fall of 80's vert skateboard legend Mark 'Gator' Rogowski.
June 11, 2008
Helen Stickler's brilliantly directed documentary on legendary vert ramp skater Mark "Gator" Rogowski whose rise to fame came crashing down after being convicted of the brutal murder of his girlfriend. I grew up in that part of North San Diego in the early to late 80's, so this film's skate footage and locales brought back memories for me of the places we roamed and people we idolized. Great sleeper film that I believe is comparable to Peralta's masterpiece Dogtown and the Z-Boys but 80's style.
November 12, 2013
Very good documentary showing the darker side of fame and its influence on a fragile yet explosive personality.
November 16, 2011
This might be a 5 star movie. I need to let it soak in a little before I decide. Just totally fucking awesome and deliciously 80's. Completely love the biographical type documentaries with no agenda, blatant character bashing, or total disregard for the truth. Nothing more than an amazing story about a real person that completely captivates you.
½ May 22, 2011
awesome doc on Gator. sad ending to a dope career. see you in 2022ish
February 11, 2010
A very entertaining documentary about Mark "Gator" Rogowski. It was really kind of sad to see where Mark Rogowski and others have gone since the whole change in the skate industry in the early 90's.
November 21, 2005
This was a great documentary that did a really great job of telling a very compelling story. While at times the story strayed from its main plot it was very well done.
January 24, 2005
Although I have never been a skater, I have known quite a few. This documentary tells the tragic tale of Gator. One of the first star skaters. Very interesting because I had never even heard of him. Recommended!! I had no idea where this documentary was going to take me and when it did I was dumb founded.