Stolen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stolen Reviews

February 15, 2016
2/15/2016: A great cast and the story had potential. There were some pretty interesting moments, but overall it just meh. Wouldn't want to watch again.
December 30, 2015
Same spaghetti gangster stuff, acting Ok, but story predictable with drawn out drama. A bit corny dumb ending.
December 17, 2015
This got bad reviews but it was much better than most of nicolas cage films.... Kind of heist, kind of kidnap and kind of stupid detectives-combo.
October 22, 2015
Excellent action film. Some may argue it's not him playing a usual role. Personally, I don't think it matters. I think he does an excellent job. This film is the perfect mix of twists, action, and crime.
½ October 2, 2015
Enjoyable movie to see ....
September 25, 2015
One star for the SWAT- esque score lol.
April 13, 2013
To say this movie is disappointing is to say "I haven't seen a Nicolas Cage movie that has came out in the last 5 or so years." If you've been following Nicolas Cage's career is in an odd place as of late. The movies are mediocre at best but yet he is still drawing some pretty good directors and co-stars. And for the most part they still look like they have decent production value. But still are getting limited theater releases, zero marketing, and for the most part you don't hear of them until they are sitting on the shelve at the rental place. This time around Cage re-teams up with action director hack Simon West that started with the explosive crazy Con Air and now feels like somebody who is important nephew that they give work to to appease the boss. People are saying this is a rip-off of Taken. Which it really isn't. Because that would be saying Taken ripped off Ransom. It's just a father trying to rescue his daughter from a kidnapping. The story here is more straight-forward and on a smaller scale, but still works fairly well. Cage delivers a bit more of a relaxed performance, but still manages to execute some of his over the top performance in there from time to time. Luckily it's usually when it is needed so doesn't distract too much from the overall film. The supporting cast is pretty good featuring Malin Ackerman, Danny Huston, and Josh Lucas who seemed to take over with the over the top delivery here. What really make this film work at all are the decent action, a pretty cool car crash, and the clever robbery scenarios. It has become pretty rare to deliver something all that interesting in film bank jobs, but here they did some pretty creative stuff. It isn't a bad way to spend a dollar at Redbox when you can't find anything else out there.
September 7, 2015
Will Montgomery was sent to prison for 8 years after being double-crossed in a heist gone awry. Upon his release, he's ready to leave his criminal past behind and rebuild his relationship with estranged daughter, Alison. His former criminal cohorts are all convinced that he hid $10 Million dollars worth of bonds before he was sentenced. His former partner in crime, Vincent, kidnaps Alison and demands the loot as ransom. Montgomery is left with only one choice: To trust his instincts and join forces again with another old partner in crime, the beautiful, sexy and smart Riley Jeffers. Together they must pull off one more heist so he can get his daughter back... before its too late.

Nicolas Cage does the best he can with this mediocre story.
August 17, 2015
it's not for everyone but if you not into taken then give this a try.
August 15, 2015
It's a clear ripoff of Taken, and it knows that, and that's what works for it.
½ July 11, 2014
150805: This film just never drew me in. It's non-stop action but everything occurs just too easily. It's over before you know it, and personally, I just didn't care that it was. Strangely passionless.
May 27, 2013
The problem with Stolen is that it's basically the film Taken, without Liam Neeson in it
½ May 20, 2015
Obwohl diese Geschichte sich spannend anhört, und der Trailer vielversprechend ist, bleibt der Film hinter den Erwartungen!
Das in dieser Story Cage seine Tochter muss retten, hätte man dramatischer und spannender machen können. Die Figuren bleiben oberflächlich und der Twist verspricht nichts Neues.
Irgendwie fehlt auch die Spannung bei dieser Geschichte. Sicher unterhält der Film, man kann auch aber ein Kaffee holen gehen, ohne etwas zu verpassen.
Fazit: Ein Heist Entführungs Thriller, dass nichts Neues zu erzählen hat!
½ February 11, 2015
Generic, generic, generic. Everything about this movie is generic. The plot, the motives, the characters, the ending, we've seen it all before. Nicolas Cage gives a game performance but it's not enough to save this movie.
½ March 29, 2015
This "heist-thriller" starts off very promising but slowly begins to descend after the first 15 minutes. From the lackluster script, to the horribly cheesy performance from Josh Lucas, this film was lacking the proper pieces to be a good film. Close, but not close enough. Recommended if you like Nicolas Cage and mediocre heist films. D+
March 31, 2015
if anyone is sick of taken and if your open minded you enjoy this film too.
½ March 19, 2015
Um, wow...just...wow, I've got nothing to say beyond that it's just bad, incredibly bad.
March 13, 2015
Wow, a really terrible movie. The opening heist was fun to watch so I thought the movie had some promise. I was wrong. The story sounds interesting so I don't totally blame the studio for letting this be made. The writing was incredibly bad. I don't usually notice a weak script, but this one was terrible. I'm not a Nicholas Cage hater, but this movie has started taking me in that direction. The climax of the movie when he goes to get his daughter back is almost laughable. The scene is full of cliches and amazingly bad directing. For example, the bad suddenly rises out of the water behind Cage although he was previously not in the water looking in. The bad guy's makeup was not believable either. If you heard a brief synopsis of the story without watching the movie, it sounds okay. But as soon as you see or hear (the music was bad too) any of the movie, you see how much of a disaster this truly is.
March 9, 2015
Not the worst of bad Nicolas Cage movies.