64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Stormbreaker (Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker) Reviews

September 6, 2014
A very mediocre attempt at a high school James Bond. Good action, but needs some laughs or something.
September 5, 2014
Very Unfaithful to the book and a horrible movie in general
July 11, 2014
Although it's not hard to watch without reading the books, Stormbreaker is a movie that looks mature but appeals only to kids, creating insipid action and a lot of unintentionally funny moments.
May 17, 2014
its aight... a good fifth grader flick but nothing more nothing less
May 13, 2014
The book was far better. The movie was incredibly boring and cheesy.
April 22, 2014
This is the definition of average. Only credit due is for the persuasion in getting these bunch of actors in on this terrible screenplay, there was talent yet a complete mix match of stars. I remember the books being okay for there age range and I suppose this too, does work for a kids James Bond movie. Critically though there was so much wrong with this attempt of an action movie. The way it was choreographed signals the intent on following its source and targeting the younger audience. Which is fine but for what it is, its complete tripe. Really is no wonder why they never continued to screen the rest of the series of books, good decision. Lost points for the absolute farce of an ending too.
muffin0681
March 28, 2014
Alex Rider (Alex Pettyfer) is a regular teenager who lives a somewhat mundane life with his guardian and uncle, Ian Rider (Ewan McGregor). Uncle Ian is a boring bank manager type or so it seems - until he dies under mysterious circumstances.

Alex soon learns that his uncle was actually a supercool spy for Britains secret intelligence service, MI6 and now they want him as his replacement! Unbeknownst to Alex, all those hobbies that Uncle Ian encouraged him to develop, have actually prepared him for a career in espionage. His skills in languages, scuba diving, mountaineering and martial arts, mean that he has all the attributes of the perfect spy!

Armed with special gadgets from MI6, Alex is excused from school and sent out to battle some seriously bad dudes who are about to discover that hes no child: hes a lethal weapon!

also stars Robbie Coltrane, Stephen Fry, Damian Lewis, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Missi Pyle and Alicia Silverstone.

directed by Geoffrey Sax.
January 9, 2007
The book was pretty good, but...
Matt H.
March 5, 2014
Average fare floating in the sea of washed away movies. It tried to be like James Bond, but was so patted with kid gloves and bubble wrap around the edges that it came off as too overprotective, like the kind of movie a kid's mom would suggest instead when he/she wanted to see Skyfall.
March 1, 2014
Apart from the movie being useless, it was a very poor representation of a brilliant book, they didn't even try to make main characters look like they were described, several times, and missing crucial plot points along with adding a love interest which didn't happen until the third book... just grasping at straws for kid's interest. And making the gadgets less believeable than they were... if they tried so hard to make it a kids movie, why the hell did it result in an M rating in Australia?? Psshht
Sarivarestevez
February 19, 2014
Books are better.
And more realistic.
But I wish they made Point Blank.
Deckard42
November 30, 2011
Imagine reading a good book, one that you love and cherish. Then imagine watching that book getting transformed into an awful movie. Depressing, right?
February 14, 2014
Not bad at all... and not nearly as bad as the "top" critics opine. For kids and adolescents, it's a solid 3 1/2 stars. Adults might find it too juvenile.
May 10, 2012
Found it boring, found the production value cheap-looking, and I sincerely regret seeing this film in theaters when The Prestige was another option.
October 8, 2006
Great Adventure Movie For The Whole Family. Alex Pettyfer was terrific. =D
January 4, 2014
I can imagine that a 12 year old kid might like this Bond for kids rubbish in the same way that I liked Condorman when I was 12. Once I worked out that this was a kids film then I became more tolerant however the performances of several well known thespians was unforgiveable.
June 23, 2013
Okay let me just get this off my chest the action sense in the movie was like having a goat taking a shit on me it is that Bad I could Direct better action senses then this, the movie itself try to hard to pull of a great action flick but sadly fails on that, The movie lacks Originality and fun but the one thing that I like is Mickey Rourke was a fun villain and that's it really.
Sgt. Cockstrain
June 24, 2013
James Bond jr made by someone that probably thinks "Die another day" is the pinnacle of the series. The cast has more than a few famous faces, but the movie is bland and flat. I also don't like the idea of a James Bond for kids as the regular Bond appeals to all ages and kids should watch those instead.
December 10, 2013
just read the books, the movie was totally awful and that is coming from a Alex Pettyfer fan. The books are fantastic the movie just don't relate well with it. Arguably more enjoyable if you haven't read the books, I don't know.
jenslack18
October 19, 2013
Bizarre and not remotely like the books. Everything seemed strangely plastic and artificial in a world that should have felt dark and gritty. Not impressed.