• Strangers

44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Strangers (Zarim) Reviews

Cynthia S

February 15, 2011
Like the film, Before Sunrise, but with a twist - an Israeli guy and Palestinian gal meet accidentally while visiting Berlin and they connect, spend time together then part, but then reconnect with all kinds of other complexities - personal, political and legal which tear at the couples future. This film works because there really is a chemistry between the couple and even though there are many reasons the couple should part ways for good, there is also love tugging to keep them together. Life just isnt simple.
January 5, 2012
Great chemistry between the two actors. What I really liked was that we got to know the characters as human beings and not as whatever nonsense we have divided ourselves into (religions, nationality, and ethnicity). Even the language barrier was handled nicely.
iralynncopeland
June 2, 2008
I didnt understand this movie! It was more funny than scary! I wouldnt tell anyone to go see this movie because the movie was left up in the air @ the end! I know there will be a part 2! maybe the next movie with tell the story!
October 18, 2011
Strangers plucks the heart strings, not shamelessly but assertively. It also shows that something good is going on in Israeli filmmaking.