Striking Distance Reviews

September 6, 2015
striking distance was a good movie bruce willis plays a Pittsburgh cop working the river patrol who has a new partner played by sarah Jessica parker and their is a serial killer that is driving willis crazy whose knocking off women from willis past and plays the 1950s song little red riding hood .dennis farina,tom sizemore and robert pastorelli also star
½ August 27, 2015
Underrated Bruce Willis action flick from the writer/director of the "Road House," which is frequently mocked but is actually a solid popcorn film. This film isn't exactly "The French Connection" but it is an entertaining police story about Bruce as a Pittsburg river cop who's now persona non grata on the rest of the police force after testifying against his partner who then committed suicide. The main mystery of the film revolves around a series killer who Bruce was investigating before be moved to be a river cop reemerges and targets Bruce and his new partner, Sarah Jessica Parker. Although the story isn't anything special, there are some solidly directed action sequences and and cast to die for, which besides Bruce and Parker (who I liked quite a bit and thought maybe I should finally give "Sex and the City" a try) the film also features Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, Robert Pastorelli, Timothy Busfield, John Mahoney, Andre Braugher and a couple of my favorite character actors Brion James and Tom Atkins. And I can't be certain about this, but I think this may have been one of the last of Bruce's films to feature his real hair.
½ August 21, 2015
I've always been a Bruce guy and I remember this movie wasn't so bad back in the early '90s but watching it again in's not one of his best efforts. He still brings the Bruce, but the movie just isn't that great. Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, and Brion James are awesome character actors as always, but between Sarah Jessica Parker's weird nose and the guy from Murphy Brown as the killer...things just fall apart. And it's set in Pittspuke on the Three Rivers. A mixed bag at best that ultimately comes up lame. I still might download "Hey, There Little Red Riding Hood" though to my iPod.
½ April 8, 2015
Movie does not even have enough material for a half hour show let alone an hour and a half movie.
September 15, 2014
For every good cop movie out there, there are a dozen just like "Striking Distance", a ridiculous patchwork of cop movie cliches held together by a threadbare serial killer storyline and laughable dialogue. Writer and director Rowdy Herrington turned a mess just like this into pure gold a few years back with "Roadhouse" but he cannot work that same magic again with this mess.

There are enough red herrings for two movies, a tired plot and at the center of it all a very weary-looking Bruce Willis going through the motions. He's given some of the most embarrassing one-liners of his career and a character who is such a cliche it's almost a parody. We've all seen this disgraced cop slumming in a job that's beneath him a dozen times before, and since Willis is slumming himself. He's not even trying to do anything fresh with this material.

Sarah Jessica Parker is completely miscast as his new partner, and you fail to see what she sees in him when their relationship inevitably turns romantic. The big reveal at the end will have you scratching your head twice trying to take it all in, and I'm still trying to sort out just how plausible it really is. The entire mess culminates in a preposterous extended chase scene in which Robert Pastorelli proves to have more lives than a cat.

There are some decent action sequences early on, but "Striking Distance" is a paint-by-numbers police thriller without a single original thought or concept. You can tell by watching it that Willis feels his fans deserve better, and you know what? He's right.
July 25, 2012
Nothing special at all. The plot is linear and drags on too long. There are not any noteworthy highlights to mention.
June 27, 2014
Bruce Willis is older than Sarah Jessica Parker! Bruce Willis is not John McClane here! Bruce Willis did not kill the bad guy here. And the worst of all, Bruce Willis movie that feels unoriginal.
June 15, 2007
Not a very good movie for wills but it is decent. Ok but forgettable
June 12, 2014
Not a bad film just wasn't a good one either!
December 28, 2013
Formulaic, predictable and unpleasant.
November 25, 2013
The first two acts of the film are serviceably entertaining but the third act is such complete garbage that it becomes almost unwatchable.
November 8, 2013
You kinda have an idea from the get-go where there is headed.. but there are surprise twists.
July 7, 2007
Super forgettable. Can't believe I actually saw this in the theatre.
July 27, 2013
Otra principalmente interesante pero finalmente fallida película genérica de acción más.
July 25, 2013
Just saw this film On Demand, and don't understand the lack of critical praise for this picture. Across the board the writing directing casting acting cinematography are all very good. Taught story telling, action sequences, romance, surprise twists, clever cutaways, all made it a great ride for me. JD
½ June 17, 2013
this is a normal action flick.bruce willis and sarah jessica parker acting is good.its start is good but after some time you realize that it is not so good.
December 7, 2007
Not much of a film, and the plot twist is super obvious, but the use of "LIL' RED RIDING HOOD" by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs was pretty creepy! As was the remote control police car! Other than that... meh.
March 30, 2013
my favorite bruce willis movie
March 19, 2013
Este es un filme de acción de Bruce Willis que no tuvo buena acogida por la crítica. Yo honestamente no entiendo que no les gustó. Yo tuve la suerte de verla en cine y me gustó mucho. Es un filme donde Bruce Willis comparte créditos con una Sarah Jessica Parker varios años antes de que ella se hiciera famosa por su serie de TV "The Sex and the City". Además de que en el elenco se cuenta con sólidos actores como Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore y una breve pero vital participación de John Mahoney (Fraser). Me gusta que presenta una interesante película de policías, y muta a la patrulla del río que es un aspecto de la polícia poco (si no es que nunca) presentado antes o después de este filme. Yo honestamente cada vez que puedo si la logro pescar en cable, la vuelvo a ver. Altamente recomendada.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.