Stuck in Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stuck in Love Reviews

½ January 25, 2016
A thought provoking glimpse into the complexities of many different relationships all rolled into one on this flick. Phenomenal acting all around and a story that was very intriguing and kept me engaged. As I have no drug usage involved in my life, I couldn't connect with that at all and I felt this movie would have been much better without it. Definitely put this movie to the front of your Netflix list of things to watch. You won't be upset you did.
January 10, 2016
there's a part about writing and experiences, and I loved only that part.
December 30, 2015
i thought this was super cute; awesome cast, too. i lost it when Rusty started crying in the car... but things happened really fast towards the end there; i feel like there was so much build up and then BAM let's get this movie over with. but still cute.
½ December 8, 2015
One of the most cringe worthy movies I've watched in recent years, and such a great waste of talent, specifically Connelly and Kinnear. Wolf is only adequate and Collins looks like she's going through an early walk through. At one point, she catches herself looking at the camera turning away like it was planned. This is a highly self-conscious film in which half the time the characters are working too hard to be heart-felt, deep, real, or tortured. It's got the flavour of a teenage-angst film for the immature and self-focused, ala Pretty Little Liars. And as the actors self-indulge, Indie music plays doing its damnedest to say, look at us, we're human, we're deep and suffering. Look! Look! All it lacks is a drug addict. (My bad, she's there too. Did you expect any less? Hey! what about throwing in a hopeless war vet too? Nah, that's overly Hollywood.)

There's even the compulsory plot twist at the end, the proper vehicle for twisting that romedy knife into the wanton viewer's heart. Yes, it's not just mom who sucks but dad too! Oh the humanity! And to top it off there's the writing, all that writing, writing, writing. Dad's a writer. The daughter's a writer. The son's a writer. Hell, even the daughter's boyfriend is a writer. And guess what? They're all successful! It's rare to find one successful writer in one family but here we have three? Could it be more unbelievable, forced, and Hollywood? Yes it could because guess who calls the beleaguered Nat, the last to find success? (Poor, poor Natty. Still in high school and no best seller. How he suffers so.) But don't worry, sis has sent his story to Stephen King, and King doesn't just like it he LOVES IT! But we're not done. Oh no! More romedy to come, folks. In the end the whole angst-filled family gets back together again, all healed and wonderful in just under two hours. Isn't it miraculous? Oh well, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch the grass grow. Less drama, more believability.
December 8, 2015
One of my favorite movies of all time. The story may be a bit cliche at times, but the ending is satisfying and the cast excels in their rolls.
October 19, 2015
It's Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, and Kristen Bell all just passing time in a not awful fashion... It's a bunch of pretty people fairly uninterested with life and how things are turning out/have turned out... You could do worse...
½ October 18, 2015
A little bit weird, and without a really strong story, however I am a little bit bias about writters so I enjoyed all the quotes they used, and the struggle to write, it was just interesting to watch (for me).

Favourite Quote: "I remember that it hurt. Looking at her hurt."

Quote #2: I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark.
July 3, 2015
A family of writers learn many lessons about love. Greg Kinnear plays the patriarch and awarding wining author who's comedically stalking his ex-wife, Jennifer Connolly. Greg has to learn forgiveness and such, and also advice from his cute married friends-with-benefits, Kristen Bell. His college age daughter is having her first novel published, but learns avoiding meaningful relationships with a string of one dumber-than-her night stands is not a good thing (she does it because of her parents divorce). Their son also has his first romantic relationship with a high school classmate who had substance abuse issues and he learns lessons in love too. Connolly also learns lessons as well about her relationship with ex-husband Kinnear. Although this is an indi film, this romantic comedy seems to desperately want to be a mainstream Cameron Crowe film where characters lay their souls bare with touching (though not realistic) speechifying moments. So overall, this film has lots of hugs and learning, which is fairly annoying, but it's a likable cast and a passable enough of rom com. Arnold Schwarzenegger's son, Patrick, has a small role in the film.
June 29, 2015
The best thing about this film is Kristen Bell. Other than that, the story was okay. If you are looking for anything else than good luck finding it.
½ June 23, 2015
This movie teeters between mind-numbingly forgettable and compelling which is just a weird feeling as a movie-goer. The gems are the moments when the characters breakaway briefly from the tired plot. I wanted to watch that movie. Instead it was predictable in a way expected of Hollywood rom-coms, not an indie film. A couple scenes of genuine, deep emotion save this movie. It's a good one to watch while doing other things.
May 19, 2015
Average romance film.
May 22, 2015
a pleasant movie to be watched, great acting on Jennifer Connelly
May 19, 2015
I absolutely love this movie. I keep re watching it, and I don't think I will ever stop. I like how the creators had the actors narrate their perception on love. Toward the end of the movie it seem that the creators rushed the stories together which made me not soak in the actually feeling they were attending. Overall it was a cute movie, I enjoy watching, and it is on Netflix so its great that I can watch it anytime I want.
May 24, 2013
"This blah blah blah book is my favorite" is such a redundant line in their script.
April 24, 2015
2015-04-24 so-so script, very well acted
March 2, 2014
The cast is really good. Kinnear, Connelly, Lerman, and Bell are particularly strong. The narrative is a bit cliched and typical, but Stuck In Love is a perfectly fine romantic drama, and the soundtrack is well implemented.
½ February 17, 2015
I enjoyed this movie, as someone who enjoys writing, I liked that it's about writers. It had a good cast and the actors/actresses did a nice joy with their roles. I like the story, it has some very heartfelt moments and feels real.
February 5, 2015
it has a great story, one of my favourite movie.
½ December 15, 2013
"Stuck In Love is a "enjoyable" to watch from Start to the End of this movie." There was some moments that I was "very touched" by the moments in this film. It felt that this movie by after watching it will make you think about the understanding of what is going on. (in other words I mean the story line). The performances in the movie is "extremely heartfelt, heartwarming, and breathtaking. The directing by Josh Boone is incredible. The score is very good. "One of the best movies of 2012". "It's really superb!!!"
January 11, 2015
Stuck in Love is, for the most part, your typical Romantic Comedy. It just has a better soundtrack than most. There is nothing overly great about this film, yet it is still a great watch. If anything, it's a great comfort movie for when you're not in the mood for a mind-blowing, brain-busting film.