Summer Eleven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Eleven Reviews

June 13, 2015
I love this movie. Summer Eleven is such a cute, adorable, funny, heartwarming movie. It makes me feel like a little kid inside :)
June 12, 2014
Very strange movie because it jumps around a lot and the plot wanders without a primary driving element. Cute and entertaining, but also genuine and heartfelt.
June 12, 2014
Well, this is not the movie everyone desire to watch by themselves unless someone suggest or forced to. I always take chances in under-rated, under-appreciated and b grade movies. So that is how my road led here to review what I found with my latest watch. First of all, this movie was made under a tight budget and each scene was carefully carved. So the production quality won't stand up to your expectations, but very much acceptable.

A beautiful drama with the series of most compelling messages. Of course, the reality is there though it lacked in good performances throughout. All the actors were fresh, (I am not sure that, but I did not find any familiar faces and with their performances I thought so) but the crew extracted the best possibly could get from them. Especially all the four girls were awesome. Each one of them was so peculiar from others. It is the story of them and the summer.

The four girls in their eleven on the summer holiday hangouts to have fun and prepare to face the middle school challenges. The narration splits and briefs each girl's family story with all the good and bad that occur. Between that, these girls never stop to group and enjoy the summer. Along making others look better who are in their sorrow and learns to encounter difficulties in life by themselves. A coming-of-age story.

It is a feel good movie. Families and women would like it more than young boys and men. Most of the people does not aware of this movie's existence, but now you do after reading this. So if you are qualified to see this like I mention in the above line then go for it without a next thought. Because you might know me in my many reviews with similar taste, if not just ignore. I wish I could recommend it for everyone, but you know movies are barred with genres and categories that splits the audience. To me it was a nice movie to watch once.
December 24, 2013
It was a alsome movie i loved
½ October 25, 2013
Great movie for 10-12 year old girls
Chick Flick
January 25, 2013
i loved the movie it was great you guys need to see it
March 13, 2012
It was okay if you had no other movies to watch. It was basically "this is what happened this summer". Random storyline, it sometimes felt like there wasnt one anyway. and they barely focused on Vanessa's acting. So boring.
December 26, 2012
Seen this movie about 10 times. And not because it was a good movie at all.
This movie is absolutely hilarious! The bloopers they didn't notice are very funny. While this had some good spots, it didn't have the best acting...
August 22, 2012
Love it!!! Can't describe how much I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 20, 2012
Very cute movie. Great storyline. Sends a great message to kids. Easy to watch for adults as well.
July 5, 2012
This is a sweet movie for Tweens. Four girls with different issues but issues many tweens could relate to. The movie does well to show the different emotions related to the kids and the parents and a healthy way to deal with those emotions. This is a good, not great, movie. Entertaining enough to see once and that is about it.
February 22, 2012
There is a lot of blanks . And i think its stupid how they say yo yo yo
January 9, 2012
GREAT MOVIE!!! I have an eleven year old daughter, who was watching it with me in the living room, and five minutes later my nine year old son came in and started watching it. They liked it so much that they asked if I could buy it on DVD so they could watch it on long car rides. We ordered pizza that night, their favorite food, and they didnt even stop to eat it. It was an inspiring movie for young and old children. Great for kids about 8+.
½ November 1, 2011
An extremely adorable movie about four best friends during the summer before they transition into middle school. Each family is dealing with very difficult issues which the movie deals very delicately with. Vanessa is an aspiring actress, Lizzie's brother comes home from the war in Iraq wheelchair bound, Jess is struggling with the fact that her parents are separated and her mom has a new boyfriend, and Peri has a deep secret she can't tell anyone. All four girls will help each other get through their challenges together and discover that friendship is one of life's most important treasures.
August 27, 2011
I thought this movie was very poorly made and all the characters had a problem so it was soo predictable s overall this was a cute movie but poorly made
July 22, 2011
This movie was terrible. No comedy, which was why we even got it. Full of depressing scenes, lines, and characters. Nothing good. I hated it, and didn't even really watch it.
July 21, 2011
its a really good movie. its a good one for the kids and see how friendships should be or its a good lesson on some things
½ July 20, 2011
Actors were horrible, little comedy, even in the saddest and angriest moments that could be filled with passion they were said so that the lines were spoiled and seemed silly and pointless. We rented this from Netflix and could never focus on all the things happening at once. It got so boring we watched something else. Extremely dissapointing. Right when the screen could use a big jug of girl power and comedy, it ends up being sad and just not a very good movie. Truly thought it would be a little better. Looked homeade. And, of course, the actor was beautiful, the girl who's brother went to war was shy and timid, the other girl with her mom's abusive boyfriend was mean, and the poor girl was displayed to be ragged. Waste of time.
July 7, 2011
Despite not being another one of those girly hellspawns, this movie is too melodramatic for its own good.
Four girls who are school friends hang out over the summer and bond. One aspires to be an actress, another is waiting for her brother to come home from Iraq, the third has issues with her mom's boyfriend, and the fourth is hiding her family's situation from everybody else. And they will be going to middle school. Sounds like one of those Lifetime mov-- oh wait, it already is (or it will be).
The title is very bad. Is it supposed to be set in the summer of 2011, or did I miss the first 10 movies? Couldn't they at least have named it "Summer Number Eleven"? Plus, the production values seem low. I wasn't expecting it to compare to a Hollywood flick, no no. But they're a bit roughly handled for an indie that it makes it feel cheap. Poorly cut in some instances. That soccer game feels more clumsily edited than most fast-paced action movies (Battle LA) these days. Peri and her little brother look like stoners every time they stare at something. The song "My Time Now" increases annoyance, and is thus blotted out of my memory quickly. Does it want to be a coming-of-age tale or a tearjerker? It doesn't provide enough nostalgia and certainly didn't make one apt to reach for a hankie, so it fails at being both.
The valuable thing it does have is that it handles issues rather realistically. And it doesn't go into stock cliche happily-ever-after mode, but instead grounds itself down to earth by giving out results that actually happen. Gone is the "OMG, Fabulous!!" superficiality that gets to girls this age, and the movie soars for it. That is one strong group of girls, and they can act! Same with the adults. I can see how many will enjoy this. This doth have potential, and hints at the poignant film it could become if given more time and effort.
I wanted to appreciate it because (finally!) this is a PG movie that is the exception to the "all kid's movies are dumb" rule that supposedly exists in today's world. However, it lacks the fun and freshness that could've lightened the movie up a bit from its super-serious territory. It's not bad; great for the female audience (but not necessarily recommended for the younger set).