Summer of My German Soldier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer of My German Soldier Reviews

October 6, 2011
A buddy of mine loves this . . . so it must be good.
March 7, 2010
My grandfather was in this.
October 23, 2009
I absolutely LOVE this movie, one of my all time favorites EVER...it's so sweet, so sad, so heartbreaking, so GREAT. I know it's old, but give it a chance people!! Bruce Davison is awesome in this role...this is the youngest I've ever seen him, and he nailed this part of an escaped German POW. Awesome movie. Just simply AWESOME!! See it if you haven't.
December 5, 2008
This was my absolute favorite movie growing up! I love it still; so special, so great, so touching.
July 31, 2008
I love this story, of a Jewish girl who falls for a German prisoner of war. Its pulls you in and makes you forget everything else, as you live their story. Fantastic film.
February 25, 2008
this sypnosis leaves out an important part of the plot. patty bergen, as played beautifully by kristy mcnichol, is jewish. esther rolle, in an emmy award-winning performance, is stellar as the film's moral center. it would be nice if one of the retro channels would show these tv films, especially the good ones like this. or even the silly ones like the abc afterschool specials. because films like the ones john hughes made were not my 70s and 80s experience. summer was.
½ January 5, 2008
this is a cute story. she hid him in her room...
December 4, 2007
interesting adaptation of the book. Haven't seen it in so may years.
½ June 30, 2007
Paedophillic overtones, but I loved this as a kid.