A Summer's Tale Reviews

March 21, 2015
a film full of beautiful scenery, long sequences, overwhelmingly naturalistic. Rohmer gets the best of it.
March 6, 2015
Arguably the best of Eric Rohmer's Tales of the Four Seasons series. The regarded French director stick to his base tactics, such as avoiding cinematic flourish, and instead concentrating on a illuminating sense of realism. Working with a cast of talented young actors, A Summer's Tale just breathes life, and it's one of the most plausible films I've seen in relation to gender politics. Sexy but hardly sexual, and loving but hardly romantic, A Summer's Tale is another restrained masterpiece from one of the French New Wave's most consistent filmmakers.
February 27, 2015
A SUMMER'S TALE is already seven years old and yet, as is true with almost all of this director's films, it does not seem to have aged one whit. That's because the conversations that these young adults engage in (a Rohmer film is 90% conversation) are so interesting--so full of ideas, philosophy, yearning and questioning--that his movies will probably seem timely one hundred years from now. If you enjoy good conversation coupled with lovely scenery and a charming cast, I don't see how you can go wrong with Rohmer.
August 24, 2014
OMG, what do positive reviewers see in this? Save your money! Slow, stupid slow, stupid & slow.
August 3, 2014
Wonderful, possibly Rohmer's most welcoming film and one of his best.
March 11, 2011
may be its just a matter of taste that i feel woody allen would have done something better with this material.
June 10, 2005
A Summer's Tale: Again I am in love with a Rohmer's character. It's not hard to guess which one, if you've seen this film.
The Rules of the Game: Ah... finally I watched this. Amazing how so much is said, but what is untold carries even more depth.