• R, 1 hr. 26 min.

The Super Reviews

September 16, 2014
Fun movie, So0o0o0o 90's
September 10, 2014
Joe Pesci plays a slumlord who is forced by court order to live in one of his own tenements. You'll never guess what happens.... He bonds with its nutty, stereotypical minority inhabitants. Wow, who'd thought that would happen! The biggest question this film raises is: Why on earth could have possibility possessed Oscar-winner Joe Pesci to follow-up "Goodfellas" with this awful film. Simply by looking at the dismal final project it is safe to that script wasn't any good. Did they expect director Rod Daniel to save it? If they did, they were terribly mistaken. The only compliment one can pay this film is to say that Ruben Blades didn't disgrace himself, which is more than could be said of Pesci, who gives a shrill, one-note performance. Pesci can provide effective comic relief in serious films, but, "My Cousin Vinny" notwithstanding, he isn't very funny in comedies.
February 14, 2010
(First and only viewing - 7/23/2008)
June 19, 2014
Funny Movie, not something great, but Enjoyable !
September 2, 2013
Have a little sense of humor--Enjoyable Fun!!
July 11, 2013
I always had a morbid curiosity in seeing this critically panned movie. The premise isn't bad on the very surface of it: a slumlord is made to live in his tenement and bring it up to code or go to jail.

Somewhere between the premise being imagined and the script being written, everything falls apart. Insensitivity isn't a problem, but overt racism is. With a few rewrites, this could have been a halfway decent vehicle; instead, it shows white people as money grubbers and the ghetto as a place where only minorities live. Having grown up in New York City, I don't deny the demographics on display do exist, but white people are poor and live in crappy neighborhoods too. And naturally, what starts out with people at odds with one another ends in a paint-by-numbers hug-and-learn finale.

Of course, there's always winning lines like "I wanna take you to lunch. Forget the lunch, let's just hump!" to remember this classic by. Ugh.
December 16, 2012
remember seeing this long ago with my dad, would love to see it again so I could give a better review
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
November 6, 2012
awesome movie they should do this to all slumlords.
July 8, 2012
this movie deserves to be seen again. and again. lol its severly under-rated
fatgirlsrule
May 21, 2012
This is a funny movie Joe Pesci as Louie Kritski just got his first apartment building from his father, a real slum lord. When the tenants take him to court the judge sentences him to live in his own building. What could be wrong with that? He finds out the hard way. Check out what happens to his car, it's just hilaious.
Walter A.
June 16, 2010
This movie sucked...........................
bigdaddydaryl
bigdaddydaryl

June 30, 2009
loved this movie when I was a kid.Joe Pesci plays the best slum lord ever,such a funny movie from start to finsh.when he goes and plays basketball I laugh my ass off all the time I see it.
November 25, 2008
Not very funny....a little Joe Pesci goes a loooong way...
September 28, 2008
i love joe pesci! lol
laney33
June 18, 2008
Funny, funny, funny.
xcalibr377
June 14, 2008
It worked before you broke it...
azdw
April 28, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Low).

First viewing: 18.02.1997
February 23, 2008
An absolute hilarious comedy! What comes around goes around couldn't be any truer in this movie!
18kellbell
November 28, 2007
joe pesci is his usual self but gets his just deserve at the end.