Super Hybrid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Hybrid Reviews

December 20, 2011
A living, man-eating, shape-shifting car killing off a group of people trapped in a parking garage probably could make for an entertaining flick...but, this isn't it. Super Hybrid is one of the dullest, dumbest "horror" movies I've seen in quite a whole. The characters are impossible to care about and maybe two interesting things happen the entire time. It's not so good that it's bad, it's just bad. And even worse, it's boring.
½ January 24, 2013
Almost as idiotic as its name suggests, Super Hybrid concerns a shape-shifting, human-devouring car that begins to terrorize a police impound garage. While the film seems like a possibly enjoyable piece of B-movie horror crap, it goes on way too long for its premise and becomes extremely tedious before its ending.
July 30, 2012
A living, man-eating, shape-shifting car killing off a group of people trapped in a parking garage made for an entertaining flick. Better than I expected.
½ November 28, 2011
Super hi bad. It's about an evil car that eats people except, wait, it's NOT a car. It's a creature that has evolved to look like a car, but it's really a mass of tentacles and teeth done in terrible purple CG. It's evil Barney disguised s a car monster, and he wants to eat a bunch of third-rate Canadian actors. Aieeee! Run away! Run away! No, seriously. Run away. Not at all scary and lacking the risk-taking needed to be funny in that special so-bad-it"s-fun way, "Super Hybrid" crashes and burns from the outset. In fact, it doesn't even have a hybrid in it... there's no reason to think the monster is, and despite all of its shapeshifting, it never once appears as a hybrid vehicle! Yep, this flick is so brain-dead it can't even get its own title right. Keep driving by this highway disaster!
½ April 13, 2012
As a send up to The Car and Christine, it works; and it it does things a little differently. Nothing spectacular but 100% enjoyable B-movie.
February 10, 2014
typical low budget horror movie naff actors,naff script you would be better off watching maximum overdrive
October 31, 2013
rather corny acting, given I recognized at least 3 of the actors I had expected a bit better. still a half decent movie. The monster is effectively a modern take on the RPG classic monster, the mimic. Rather than an oddly placed treasure chest or a cottage on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, its a car
½ July 1, 2013
A shape shifting, biological creature that takes the form of a car to hunt down victims. Said entity gets towed to a police impound garage and terror ensues. Perfect, perfect premise for a Saturday afternoon SyFy style movie, right? And yet somehow they manage to omit anything and everything that would make this a fun tongue-in-cheek "B" movie. With flat characters, terrible dialogue and confusing, pointless subplots that go nowhere it instead becomes an exercise in frustration and tedium. Go play in traffic instead, it'll probably be more fun.
½ August 7, 2012
I'd say this is the best of the after dark originals! I love the soundtrack, the action rocks, the creature(car) rocks more, acting's decent and it's a thrill ride start-to-finish! Alot of fun!
March 24, 2012
this movie is very interesting. but in all the wring ways the acting is horrible. the movie is drawn out and boring. skip this movie and go see some thing better
February 11, 2012
Although suffering from the usual direct-to-dvd problems; bad script, acting etc. It is stupid fun and enjoyable, but the ending felt a bit dragged on.
October 24, 2011
I can't necessarily recommend it but I have to say it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Want a killer car movie? Here ya go.
September 8, 2011
very good movie might be a lil better than christine
½ September 4, 2011
This is why I usually pick the movies.....I'd rate it zero if it'd let me!
July 24, 2011
Oded Fehr's accent in this film is the real 'Super Hybrid' it is a mix of his real accent and a Chicago accent - and let me tell ya' it sounds horrible...onto the film. I like movies about crazy killer vehicles - Christine,Maximum Overdrive etc. - The car in this film is *SPOILER* an alien of some sort that can shift into any number of various vehicles. The effects are good enough throughout the film, the monster at the end is a bit SYFY but passable enough for it's screen time - the lead actress and Oded are good in there roles, the supporting cast also do a well enough job.The whole premise of being trapped in the garage keeps it a bit cooler cause they don't have that many places to run.*SPOILER* The ending made no sense really as Oded's character had a key to open a gate the whole time but chose to let everyone die...what? did they want his character to be that unlikable? anywho - the film is fun - just set your brain to cruise control.
June 27, 2011
A car a brought in to a garage where it proceeds to hunt down and kill some very brain damaged people. Good for laughs only.