Super Troopers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Troopers Reviews

½ June 21, 2015
It's an unlikely cult comedy with outrageous gags & humor at the expense of law enforcement. Super Troopers displays Broken Lizard at its peak with a colorful cast of characters and laughable moments. 4.5/5
½ June 9, 2006
Been meaning to see this for quite some time...

and it's a shame that it took me so long to see it, because had I watched this when I was younger, I'd probably love it.

Unfortunately, I feel as if I've grown up a little too much, because I really didn't find this to be all that great.

Don't get me wrong: the story of a bunch of slacker state troopers forced to try to do actual police work is a promising premise, but the execution is where things fall flat.

The humor is very hit and miss, although i did find myself amused here and there.
July 22, 2007
To call this lowbrow could nearly be an insult to the almost distinguished league of lowbrows. A likable cast carries this bit of pork jerky, just not far enough although there are some laffs.
November 20, 2011
Favourite line: "Excuse me, bear... Bearf***er! Do you need assistance??"

This movie came on at the bar after SNF ended, and my friends knew the words even without the sound on so I was curious... I was gonna give it 3.5 stars... but then the last scene happened. These guys are a helluva lot of fun. You may want to strangle them sometimes, but mostly, fun.
½ November 4, 2011
Shut up farva
½ October 1, 2011
Farva: License and registration... chicken fucker.

"You don't mess with the law. The law messes with you."

Super Troopers is a comedy that has its moments. It has scenes that are pretty good when just looked at as one piece, but on the whole it really isn't that funny. After the first sequence, which is by far the best part of the movie, it goes completely downhill. All the movie is is annoying actors doing annoying things. Then Jay (whatever the fuck his last name is) went and took the same annoying actors and did the same annoying things again with Beer Fest.

The movie follows some highway patrolmen who aren't very good at their jobs. They smoke weed and come up with games to play when they pull over cars. "Meow." See there's another moment. They learn that they might be cut and not have their jobs anymore, so the captain tries to get them to stop screwing around, but they never quit fucking around. Then they find a lot marijuana and start to investigate who is moving it.

I'll give it to Jay; he really tries to be funny. He's just not that funny. This movie tries way to hard to create laughs that just weren't there. It has the most overrated line ever. "The snozzberries taste like snozzberries." I don't know why people love this movie and frankly I don't really care. Whatever makes you laugh I guess. Even if it is a bunch of morons attempting to be funny.
June 23, 2011
Really feel good film! A must see!
May 25, 2011
Super Troopers is the only one of two Broken Lizard films that I have seen. The other being Beer Fest. Super Troopers is a hilarious comedy about inept State police who actually try to do some serious police work in order to keep their jobs Super Troopers is in one word, Hilarious. I absolutely love this film, it's zany characters and the shocking humour. Super Troopers is a lot of fun. I have yet to see the groups other work, so I can't compare. I've only seen Beerfest and though funny, it did not even come close to Super Troopers. The cast do a great job at keeping the jokes going and theres never any dull moment to be had watching the film. The Broken Lizard team have written a solid comedy picture, though uneven at times, theres more good things about this film than bad. Super Troopers is a pleasant time waster and offers many laughs. It's no secret why the film has become a comedy classic. The comedy is slapstick and ridiculous but it works well because everyone of the cast deliver great comedic performances and make this film a fun viewing experience from start to finish. Super Troopers is one of the few cop films that successfully delivers genuine laughs and is still a lot of fun to watch after multiple viewings. This film is a terrific comedy, at times uneven, but theres plenty of great bits that overcome the not so good points. A fun film for sure.
August 4, 2010
Broken Lizard delivers, with another occupational comedy that not only explores the frat boy mentality most of us have come to love, but it stays in boundaries that don't forfeit the funny.
September 8, 2010
3 stars
May 3, 2010
Before there was Club Dread, the Club Dread creative gang concocted this little gem. And this is another one that I would never guess would be so enjoyable. Like Club Dread, this is another one of my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Low-brow though it may be, the laughs are genuine and still funny even after many viewings. I can't figure out exactly how they do this, but maybe it's that they take themselves just seriously enough to be consistently funny. Unlike, say, that Reno 911 TV show, where they take themselves too un-seriously to ever be funny at all. Does that make sense? Who knows?
½ April 15, 2010
A truly great comedy that is both original and fun. You are never left unhappy with this, Broken Lizard is about the best group of contemporary comedians out there. This took the idea of police to a really odd place. What I liked is that it spoofed the actual job and politics, not just previous films about the subject.
½ April 22, 2007
May 1, 2007
I had called this a three-star years ago, but I've re-watched this movie a handful of times since then, and it still makes me laugh. A lot. Lowbrow lives! Hilarious movie that everyone should see once.
½ June 11, 2009
i know everyone thinks club dread are hillarious for some reaon, but i just dont get it.
March 25, 2007
Being intoxicated is required.
June 17, 2006
Foster: Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?

A very funny cop comedy from the comedy troupe Broken Lizard. It has a lot of funny parts, but definitely gets better on repeated viewings.

Mac: Oh, c'mon, we're like the sons you never had.
Captain O'Hagan: If you were my son, Mac, I would've smothered you by now.
Mac: Smothered me in gravy you big dirty man.

The movie revolves around a group of misfit cops who love to pull pranks on the people they pull over.

There is a loose plot revolving around the unit being shut down due to their shenanigans, but its mainly a set up for comic hijinks.

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
[as they hand the Captain their pistols]

While a lot of the individual scenes are very funny, what makes me keep laughing is a lot of the lines and deliveries.

The movie has a pretty infectious sense of humor that makes it very enjoyable.

Dimpus Burger Guy: Uhh, right. Beverage?
Farva: Gimme a litre o' cola.
Dimpus Burger Guy: What?
Farva: [Annoyed] A litre o' cola.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Litrecola? Do we sell litrecola?
Thorny: Will you just order a large, Farva?
Farva: I don't want a large Farva. I want a goddamn litre o' cola!
Dimpus Burger Guy: [to Farva] I don't know what that is!
January 19, 2008
The first 20 minutes of this movie are hilarious. After that it tails off though.
March 3, 2008
Broken Lizard still trying to replicate this classic.
½ March 20, 2007
This comedy troupe Broken Lizard updates the old Keystone Kops/Police Academy formula in this farce about the Vermont Highway Patrol are way funny. The cast is goofy and game for anything that made me laugh so much.