Critics Consensus: Man of Steel Is Up, Up, and Okay
Plus, This Is the End and Before Midnight are Certified Fresh.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- More Than Honey, a doc about the relationship between people and bees, is at 100 percent.
- Call Me Kuchu, a documentary about an openly gay man fighting persecution in Uganda, is at 95 percent.
- 20 Feet From Stardom, a documentary tribute to some of rock's finest backup singers, is at 94 percent.
- In the Fog, a World War II drama about a Russian village that suspects one of its citizens is collaborating with the Nazis, is at 86 percent.
- Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story, a documentary portrait of the influential illustrator, is at 80 percent.
- Berberian Sound Studio, a psychological thriller about a sound technician who becomes unnerved while working on a gruesome horror movie, is at 78 percent.
- Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring, starring Emma Watson and Leslie Mann in the ripped-from-the-headlines tale of a group of teens who robbed various Hollywood stars, is at 63 percent.
- Pandora's Promise, a doc about the potential environmental benefits of nuclear power, is at 58 percent.
- Hatchet III, the latest installment in the slasher series about a swamp-dwelling psycho, is at 56 percent.
- Vehicle 19, starring Paul Walker in a thriller about an ex-con who becomes a target when he takes the wrong rental car is at 33 percent.
- The Guillotines, a period action epic about a clandestine group of assassins who employ deadly metal blades, is at zero percent.