DC/Marvel Universe crossover?

Could it ever happen? If so, what would be your thoughts and ideas. Personally I want to see Batman team up with the Punisher. That would be cool.
Tony Eddard Stark
04-27-2013 04:14 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

President Pedro

President Pedro

So many problems with that. First off, Marvel is basically split between Disney/Paramount and Fox, Disney barely got the rights from Fox for Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3 so that shows how difficult it would be to get Avengers with Spiderman and Fantastic 4. Second, DC and WB at this point look helpless getting Justice League off the ground; they've put so much on Man of Steel that it could go either way at this point. Third, I don't think Marvel would risk partnering with DC at this point; Marvel clearly knows where it wants to go, while DC looks completely helpless and has no clue what direction to go in. Now if that were to happen it would easily be the highest grossing film in history and both sides would easily prosper; but, negotiations would most likely last a long time between three studios as well as lots of creative difficulties; both sides would constantly differ on what to do story and writing wise, so that would stretch out production.

DC and Marvel, to my knowledge off the top of my head, have rarely done crossovers in the comics and never done anything outside off that; personally I couldn't see this happening in this decade or even the next, or even in the future. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the Avengers and Justice League team up to take on say Darkseid and Thanos, but it would take years just to negotiate a deal and by then most likely the studios would call it off. Again, even though the reward is there, the road to the film would most likely never get off the ground unless one studio owns both Marvel and DC, which clearly won't happen any time soon.

May 19 - 02:00 PM

Coty Keziah

Coty Keziah

Batman would never team up with the punisher. He breaks Batmans one rule. they would be fighting each other, not criminals. Batman hates guns and killing, he would never stand for Franks methods of crimefighting.

Apr 27 - 10:15 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile