Can the "Nolan Effect" drive this to an Oscar next year?

Even if Zack Snyder will be directing, do you think it does have what it takes to win an Oscar even if it's a summer release.

My predictions are nominations for best picture, best original score, best sound editing, best actor for Henry Cavill, best cinematography, and best visual effects. Still not sure if they'll bag one, but I'm confident that they'll be nominated.
Kerwin Mallari
05-29-2013 07:40 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I really doubt that it will get a Best Picture nomination simply because superhero movies never do.

May 31 - 04:29 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

The Academy hates Nolan.

May 29 - 10:54 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

He's been nominated twice. Memento was in a great year for movies. I felt Inception was better than the King's Speech, though.

May 31 - 11:11 AM

Bob Dylan

God .

Wrong, The Academy hates action movies and special effects.

May 31 - 03:40 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

It looks like a good film but there's no way it will be nominated for Best Picture. Marcus is spot-on with what its possible nominations are.

May 29 - 02:06 PM

Marcus Ciubal

Marcus Ciubal

'Best picture' is a long shot, or an impossible one, sorry.
I'm gonna bet on the following:
*Most possible:
-Best Visual Effects
-Best Sound Editing
-Best Sound Mixing
*Sort of a medium contender:
-Best Original Score
*Hard but still possible
-Best Art Direction
-Best Cinematography

May 29 - 08:41 AM

Kerwin Mallari

Kerwin Mallari

Good predictions. Marcus, is it possible for Henry Cavill to have a shot for best actor nomination?

May 30 - 01:25 AM

Marcus Ciubal

Marcus Ciubal

I've read reviews from those who were granted for early screenings and they said that Cavill nailed it, he was more relatable and deeper than Christopher Reeve while Shannon performed the best with his psycho-general attitude. For a best actor nomination, quite hard esp that there were outstanding actors in the recently concluded Cannes 2013 and we are still half way through the year before lil Oscar day.

May 30 - 02:53 AM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile