More Threads

0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

inconsistencies with RT fresh/rotten ratings

Right now it's sitting at 70% based on 40 reviews, 12 being negative. The only complaint I'll make is how some of the so-called "rotten" reviews are being counted. So far, 6 or so reviews give the film scores of B-, C+, 3/5, etc. but all of them are counted as negative. On Rotten Tomatoes I've seen plenty of reviews for other movies (some of which are even for Man of Steel) get counted as "fresh" with the exact same scores...yes, even C+. I don't understand the inconsistency here, shouldn't those reviews be counted as fresh too? If all of those reviews were changed to positive like they should be, the current score would be an 85%, a pretty substantial difference considering the current number of reviews.
Jamie Chan
06-11-2013 10:46 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Michael Indo

Michael Indo

There's two things wrong with your argument.
1.) The film has plenty of fresh reviews that are actually rotten so that balances out the rotten reviews that are actually fresh.
2.) Every movie falls victim to this unfortunate trend. Even Iron Man 3. So, if you were to compare the t

Jun 12 - 07:36 PM

Irkingfetus

Josh Gara

There are some extremely positive reviews for the film as well.... I think people should ignore the percentage and just judge for themselves. IGN gave it a 9, which hasn't been posted here yet, I saw several 4/5's and even an A+. If you like the movie, that is all that matters.

Jun 12 - 10:51 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

This.

Jun 12 - 10:52 AM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

People should pay more attention to the average score and not the percentage itself. Something that could be considered mediocre may have a 20% when the average score is really like 5.0/10 which would mean that it's mediocre. Err hopefully that makes sense.

Jun 12 - 12:09 PM

Michael Indo

Michael Indo

Rotten Tomatoes belongs to Time Warner which also owns DC comics. So if you're trying to suggest that there's a conspiracy to rate Man of Steel as low as possible, you would be wrong.

Jun 12 - 08:59 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

C+ should always be rotten. It usually is.

Jun 12 - 08:54 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Do we have to go through this every time a blockbuster is released? If you want to see the movie, just see the goddamn movie.

Jun 12 - 08:08 AM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

Here's a 3/5 that has a negative tagline:
"Despite some true-blue juice, 'Man of Steel' has flaws it can't overcome."

Here's a B- with a negative tagline:
"The movie can't decide if it wants to be a particularly thoughtful brand of superhero saga or a deafeningly generic summer action movie. So it ends up being both, to the detriment of it and us."

So these reviews that you think should be positive really don't sound that positive. They seem mixed, so it can go either way.

Jun 12 - 01:11 AM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

The reviewer decides if it's fresh or rotten. Heck they could give Man of Steel an A+ but still make it rotten if the reviewer wanted.

Jun 11 - 11:06 PM

Shaun D.

Steven Harris

That would make no sense at all. Why would they write a positive review that they actually liked it, and give it rotten?

Jun 12 - 12:42 AM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

I'm saying hypothetically.

Jun 12 - 12:20 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Actually, this is not always entirely true. James Berardinelli said in his forums one time that Rottentomatoes decide whether his 2.5/4 stars are fresh or not. He argued with them for a while before they came to that agreement. So when he puts up his 2.5/4 star reviews he's not sure if they end up rotten or fresh, Rottentomatoes reads them and decides. Is this the case with every critic? I'm not sure, I doubt it but sometimes Rottentomatoes does decide in cases like that.

Jun 12 - 08:06 AM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

If they do then they shouldn't, it should be the critics choice to put it fresh or rotten.

Jun 12 - 12:20 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile