More Threads

136 Hey, John Tyler 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

Keon's MOS Review!

WOW...I don't even know where to begin...I guess I'll start out by saying FUCK THE CRITICS. That was 1 of the greatest super hero movies I've ever witnessed! Right up there with Dark Knight, without question! And WAY better than Avengers, by a long shot. In fact, the RT ratings between the two should be swapped.

Music = EPIC Cast = GREAT! Top knotch acting, especially from Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe and Henry Cavill. Faora was great also. Amy Adams was cute, but she could have done better (and the only thing I will agree with the critics is that they should have developed her relationship with Superman more, but that will come in the sequel for sure)

The amount of emotion I felt throughout this movie was much more than I expected, I love the way they weaved in the flashbacks of Clark's past as the story went along, bringing in each one at the right time. I got choked up a lot, especially between Clark and his father Jonathan Kent.

The action and visuals were AMAZING, way better than Avengers and any other super hero movie I've seen. I really liked the Sci Fi feel it had too, Krypton looked awesome and so did the costumes. I think General Zod being the first villain worked out great, it fit what they wanted to do perfectly. The collateral damage may have been a tad much but it was still friggen awesome, especially when Superman first attacks Zod when he saw his mother being threatened. Oh and the FLYING! Jesus christ, made Iron Man 's flying look cute but no where near as cool as flying the way Superman does.

Henry Cavill is just a natural at this role, he has the innate modesty and kindness you can see in his character, not arrogant or too serious at all. All the struggles he was going through were justified, nothing overly dark about it. It was authentic and raw, and I was able to relate to him.

Critics must have seen a different movie or they just have their heads up their asses, because that was a great movie...

Pros: Music, Cast, Directing, Screenplay (had minor flaws but better than I expected), Acting, Emotion, Visuals

Cons: Only con I found was Louis and Clark needed to develop their connection more, it kind of felt forced, but I'm sure in the next 1 they will have a more interesting dynamic. Everything was happening so fast with the invasion and Kal-El was already preoccupied with so much that he didn't have time. Some of the scenes went by a little quick too but the pacing was great and Clark's scenes with his parents and step parents were really touching.

This met my expectations and then some 9/10

Finally a Superman I can get behind!! Bring on the next 1! and JL of course! :D
Keon Reza
06-15-2013 11:27 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

This movie felt like I was watching a cartoon come to life. I thought it was excellent.

Jun 16 - 03:04 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

It reminded me of when I watched Dragon Ball Z as a kid, those fight scenes were awesome. Never done before in a Superhero film.

Jun 16 - 03:11 PM

Kyle Lillooet

Kyle Lillooet

I think that's why i liked it so much, I got so many chills during the fight scenes.

Jun 17 - 11:49 AM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I don't even know what to say to this thread....
Let's just say I disagree with just about everything you just said. Not in that i thought it was awful, but in that I thought everything was more mediocre than it should have been. Judging from the fact that people were raging about the bad reviews before they even saw the movie, I think it's safe to say some people were going to love the movie no matter what.

Jun 16 - 02:16 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Everyone perceives things differently man, and trust me I'm usually more skeptical when it comes to movies but this 1 was as great as the trailers for me. I guess it's because I enjoy the gritty dark style of DC, and just everything struck a chord with me. The music, acting, story, everything. And sure, there were some things they could have done better, but you can find flaws in every film. I guess everyone has their own interpretation of Superman and how the movie about him should be made, but finally one came along that I truly enjoyed. I never liked Superman before to be honest, I'm a Batman fan. I thought the outfit and whole kryptonite thing was silly, but they brought him down to earth and made him more relatable. The whole Krypton planet they created was amazing, the Sci fi vibe it had was really cool to witness. And Superman's dilemma between choosing Kryptonites or Humans, not knowing who to trust. It was well done. I guess I didn't like him that much in the comics because he seemed indestructible, and it kind of turned me off. But now that he seemed vulnerable, even with all the superhuman powers made me like him a lot more. And Henry Cavill plays him so well, I couldn't resist.

Jun 16 - 03:09 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot to like in this movie. Some of the flight scenes were amazing. There was also a lot that didn't make a lot of sense to me though, on top of some really questionable dialogue/acting.
For example: The Kryptonians or whatever they call themselves know that their planet is coming to an end. So what do they do? Send all the bad guys who are rebelling against them to a place where they can be safe from the apocalypse while all the good guys burn to death. Where's the logic in that?

Jun 16 - 06:01 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

It's called the Phantom Zone and they were exiled for 400 cycles I believe. That's how it happened in the comics. So blame the comic book not the screenplay. And I don't think they anticipated the planet imploding as soon as it did. And there were no good guys or bad guys on Krypton, they were all seen as good, General Zod was their military protector for hundreds of years. That's what made him interesting, he had a just cause.

Jun 16 - 06:05 PM

Kyle Lillooet

Kyle Lillooet

****SPOILER ALERT*********SPOILER*********SPOILER*********SPOILER*********SPOILER*****Only problem is where do they go from here? They just killed off Zod, so who do they put in next? Lex can make for a great story, but a very actionless superman movie, brainiac is also a good villain but on the same page as Lex just a lot smarter. Darksied would be great, but would be saved for the Justice League.

Other then that I loved the movie and thought your review was spot on. I couldn't get enough of the fight scenes and I actually liked the flashback system they had.

Jun 16 - 09:11 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Well maybe Man of Steel needs a little less action in the sequel and more character interaction between Clark and Louis, Perry, Lex, etc. There will still be plenty of action though. And I agree I loved the flashback system, it was utilized very intelligently. Thanks for reading.

Jun 16 - 02:06 PM

John Abella

John Abella

You rate this movie 9/10??? So you rate masterpieces like Godfather what??? 100/10??? I don't think you get the concept of a 10 point scoring system kiddo...

Jun 16 - 05:10 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

You are a kid. I can tell by your profile pic.

Jun 16 - 05:11 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Also I don't think you understand the concept of a 10 point scoring system. Just because I gave Drive and 10/10 doesn't mean it's on the same level as Godfather. Just that I enjoyed both to the fullest extent.

Jun 16 - 05:13 AM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I'd say Drive is about as good as The Godfather.

Jun 16 - 06:13 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

There are a lot of movies out there that were rated 9/10 and weren't masterpieces. I think classics should be rated 10/10, like the Godfather...and I agree I'd give Drive a 10 also. That was an art house classic.

Jun 16 - 02:18 PM

Max M.

The Dude

One thing I didn't like was that there was no character development. Sure it was all about Superman, but I felt as if besides Kal-El, his human parents, and Jor-El, I would not have cared if anyone else had died. I wouldn't have cared if Laurence Fishbourne's character died. I wouldn't even have cared if Lois Lane had died. Amy Adams was kinda cool, but she was underwhelming. Like you said, their relationship was forced. There needed to be more development. Most of the time, it was all about the action. When Lois Lane was falling from that height towards the end of the movie, or in the beginning when she was mortally wounded in that secret ice cave where Jor-El was at, I would not have reacted if she turned into pudding when she landed or if she bled out in that cave without Superman saving her. I agree with most of your review. The way the story was presented, the performances, the visuals, the emotion, and the screenplay were all great. I liked Avengers, but I agree this was a bit better. I disagree with you saying "FUCK THE CRITICS" because it doesn't matter if they liked it or not. As long as you do. Also, I wouldn't compare this to TDK and I definitely wouldn't put it next to TDK if there was Great Superhero Movies list. But overall, great review, great movie.

Looking forward to the sequel and JL, 8/10.

Jun 16 - 02:23 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Fuck the critics dude, they were clearly just hating on this new Superman, usually I have respect for them in general but in this case they were way off. And the character development was fine in my opinion, there was too much going on with the crisis on Krypton and Zod's invasion for there to be too much backstory. We all know Superman's story already, and the flashbacks were really well done, there was emotional substance and a great dose of action. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think in the sequel there will be a lot more character development for Perry White when he's working with Clark, and same with Louis. They focused more on Clark and his parents rather than the other more minor characters.

Jun 16 - 05:00 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

And I forgot to mention that there were several funny attempts at humor throughout, the critics just needed to fix their attitude before they watched and maybe they would have laughed like the rest of us.

Jun 16 - 01:09 AM

Max M.

The Dude

I actually found some of those moments kind of lame and cheesy, but mostly, it had heart and was good-natured.

Jun 16 - 02:12 AM

John Abella

John Abella

You sound like a fanboy nerd who saw panties for the first time in his life. Anyway, congratulations for having low standards.

Jun 15 - 11:40 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Says the racist ten year old kid.

Jun 15 - 11:41 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

I loved your movie too Driver, great work.

Jun 15 - 11:49 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

I loved your movie too Driver, great work ;)

Jun 15 - 11:49 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Thanks, man! ;)

Jun 15 - 11:55 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Np :)

Jun 16 - 12:15 AM

Max M.

The Dude

I use to think InYourDreams was the only one of his kind, but I realized his species is growing. RT is being invaded by a bunch of dicks who would be normal users if they didn't come off as assholes everytime they post a comment.

Jun 16 - 12:46 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It's quite frightening.

Jun 16 - 02:18 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

I'm terrified.

Jun 16 - 04:56 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Wow I typed a lot haha, but I'm just really energized right now. That was some awesome shit. I can't wait to see it again!

Jun 15 - 11:28 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile