More Threads

136 Hey, John Tyler 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

First time I think the critics entered into a movie and already made up their minds about it...

I think this may be the first time I ever thought critics entered into a film with a closed mind and a preconceived interpretation of how a character's story should have been told and created...I know this has been discussed already, but considering how the RT rating is at 56% and people who were a little let down by the movie were surprised as well by it---it just shows that critics are human beings and can be very unprofessional at times. I love Rotten Tomatoes, I usually agree with the RT meter, but this time was different. They overanalyzed MOS because it was a completely new take on Superman that was seperate from anything else done before. Snyder proved to me that he can make a great movie, and his visual style and method of story telling was refreshing. I think overtime people (including the critics) will appreciate what was done with this Superman interpretation. The heat of the moment caused the critics (most of them holding onto Christopher Reeve and the light hearted interpretation) to be harsher in their critiques than usual for a Superhero flick. I mean cmon, Spiderman 3 has a 63%? SPIDERMAN 3!!!!!
Keon Reza
06-17-2013 04:14 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

John Abella

John Abella

This chump is delusional fanboy.

Jun 18 - 12:22 AM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I'm pretty sure the critics wanted to like it after seeing the trailers, just like you did. Most of them just didn't. And it's understandable. If you like it that much, just be happy that more than half the critics still liked it, because even though I gave it 3/5, I'd expect less from other critics.

Jun 17 - 04:56 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I'm pretty sure the critics wanted to like it after seeing the trailers, just like you did. Most of them just didn't. And it's understandable. If you like it that much, just be happy that more than half the critics still liked it, because even though I gave it 3/5, I'd expect less from other critics.

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

I don't think they were all that excited to be honest. Because from the first trailer you can already see the major differences (gloominess, authenticity, rawness) that most critics didn't want for Superman. All of them grew up with the comic book version, which is light hearted and humorous, more like a Marvel comic than DC. Why do you think they gave Superman Returns a 75%? That was the worst Superman yet. They finally made MOS more relatable and real and exciting.

Jun 17 - 05:00 PM

Overfed Jed

Overfed Jed

I didn't care for it because I felt that it was not very new and fresh at all. Donner's movie already told a similar origins story and did it very well so why retell it? Why not either have Supes have a new beginning or just begin midstream without an origin story? I did start having fun in the second act when Zod started enacting his plan but I thought it dissolved into a finale act that was just another fight in a big city ala Transformers or The Avengers. I want something fresh!

President Pedro

President Pedro

Again this why I say, the critic and audience meters should really be not taken to seriously. Some critics are good, but a lot half ass their reviews and are hypocritical. Same for audience, some are gave really well developed reviews, but there are a lot of trolls. In all honesty watch the trailer go the theater or wait till Netflix gets it.

Jun 17 - 04:36 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Yeah I just trusted the RT meter because it would save me from wasting my time and $ in the theater. I can usually tell if a movie is worth watching from the trailers, but sometimes they can be very deceiving. Critics do a well rounded job for the most part, but sometimes they let their biases get in the way like they did with MOS. I'm talking about the top critics of course, a lot of these blog critics write half assed reviews like you said. Anyone can do that. And audiences have a lot of fan boys as well, and can just look for good things to say, but in this case they were all justified because it was truly a fantastic movie. Imperfect, but still terrific.

Jun 17 - 04:38 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Yeah I just trusted the RT meter because it would save me from wasting my time and $ in the theater. I can usually tell if a movie is worth watching from the trailers, but sometimes they can be very deceiving. Critics do a well rounded job for the most part, but sometimes they let their biases get in the way like they did with MOS. I'm talking about the top critics of course, a lot of these blog critics write half assed reviews like you said. Anyone can do that. And audiences have a lot of fan boys as well, and can just look for good things to say, but in this case they were all justified because it was truly a fantastic movie. Imperfect, but still great.

Jun 17 - 04:39 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Top critics, either giving positive or negative reviews, are really well versed on film and can be trusted; except Rex Reed, he's an asshole. Bloggers should be in the audience reviews to be honest. Anyone on this site could start a blog, get minimal amount of followers, and the next thing you know their critics. That's some serious BS.

Jun 17 - 04:47 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Agreed.

Jun 17 - 04:48 PM

John Tyler

J *

Also, Spider-Man 3 wasn't THAT bad. It's sure as hell better than shit like Superman 4 or the 90's Captain America movie.

Jun 17 - 04:33 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

It was ok, but MOS was infinitely better. Spiderman 3 got the right RT meter imo.

Jun 17 - 04:39 PM

John Tyler

J *

I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was fantastic IMO.

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Me too.

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile