More Threads

0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

Did MOS really deserved a 56% rotten rating?

When I saw the early reviews the rating was 76%, and I was like "okay, It will pick up eventually", after that it went to 61 % I was terribly worried that it would get below 60%. I watched the movie and after that when i checked it was below 60%. I mean really it wasn't THAT bad, it had really cool action and 3D effects, but it was certainly better than IRON MAN 3 (Coz the MANDARIN joke). But from that point on I was really started that it will get a fresh rating, I think that it is not going to happen after all. I think it should at least get a fresh rating (Better than Bryan Singer's Superman Returns).
Tanmay Patil
06-22-2013 09:07 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Hayden Koch

Hayden Koch

The critics and fanboys are just being upset that they saw a different superman from what they're used to. This movie was superb, should have gotten 85%+

Jun 24 - 10:15 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Diego Hard With a Vengeance

It was a mindless, derivative explosion-fest. Michael Bay could have done better than this piece of shit.

Jun 24 - 07:38 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Completely agree Hayden.

Jun 24 - 11:12 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Superb? Man of Steel was superb? You reserve the word 'superb' for films like Man of Steel or you just throw 'superb' around a lot?

Jun 25 - 03:06 PM

Diego Tutweiller

^^This.

Jun 25 - 03:06 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I WANTED to like it that much but it wasn't that good and I wouldn't imagine anyone who really has any knowledge of Superman, comic books, films or even just popcorn films to like this all that much. A film's script has to be 'superb' for it to be anything close to that and this script was bad bad bad. The action was redeeming and it was entertaining but I think a lot of people are liking this just because it's a new movie and we were looking forward to it.

Jun 25 - 03:14 PM

John Stovall

John Stovall

it is repetitive but its true. The critics have preconceptions or at the point they aren't useful to me anymore. Their critiques don't even make sense considering the movie I saw. Art least when I used to disagree with them I could gleam some info by what they disliked but these reviews are of a different movie than I saw or simply getting facts wrong more often than not.

Jun 24 - 10:07 AM

Pat ChalupaBatman

Pat ChalupaBatman

Piss piss, that's the sound of fanboy panties filling with it.

Jun 23 - 07:24 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish with this, but it's getting a bit repetitive.

Jun 23 - 07:29 PM

This comment has been removed.

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

Hey, genius. I'm not sure if you can read, but I've posted this several times. But, you can't seem to get it through your head, so I'll be as clear as I can: I HAVEN'T SEEN MAN OF STEEL. And frankly, I don't give a fuck if you don't believe me.

Jun 23 - 08:12 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

Lol, you really think I'm gonna get angry or offended by your pathetic insult? At least I have proof of your pedophilia. It's called your profile pic. You have an Indian fetish, too.

Jun 23 - 08:20 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

The hypocrisy coming out of your keyboard would be surprising if I didn't know that you were a troll just seeking attention.

Jun 23 - 08:25 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

And it's cute seeing you talk to yourself on another profile.

Jun 23 - 08:13 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

It is ironic, because the only person that will ever agree with you is you.

Jun 23 - 08:21 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Actually maybe in the 60s but not certified fresh.

Jun 23 - 06:18 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

My bad I meant to type 70s.

Jun 23 - 06:20 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

70s is fresh...

Jun 23 - 06:28 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Not CERTIFIED fresh.

Jun 23 - 06:30 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Interesting, didn't know that. What percentage starts at certified fresh?

Jun 23 - 06:58 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

It has to reach 75% for RT to decide on it. As long as it stays above 70% it will keep the title, if it goes below 70% it loses the title.

Jun 23 - 07:00 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

It actually has to have a certain amount of fresh top critic ratings for it to be certified fresh. I've seen movies in the 80-90% range that weren't certified because they didn't have a high top critics score.

Jun 23 - 07:17 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Here's the criteria: 75%, plus five good Top Critic reviews and 45 good regular critic reviews (50 in all). Once it meets that, it can fall as far as 60 without losing Certified Fresh.

Jun 24 - 03:19 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

It can remain fresh in the 60s? Weird I've seen that before.

Jun 24 - 07:17 PM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

Short answer- Yes

Long answer- Yes, but I get why some are angry with this fairly low rating. It's a movie that fanboys are going to completely love no matter what. They're going to deny its flaws and bash anyone who doesn't love it as much as they do. This tends to happen every time a superhero movie comes out. Why we can't just respect one another's opinions is beyond me

Jun 23 - 05:08 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Stop saying "fanboys", not everyone who enjoyed the movie is a fan boy. I sure as hell am not. I didn't even like Superman before I saw this movie, I only read one of his comics when I was younger (Death of Superman). I just really loved their new interpretation and it was entertaining+emotionally impacting. That's all I need. I don't nitpick for flaws. If I did that I'd hate every movie.

Jun 23 - 06:13 PM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

I never said that. Fanboys are the ones who are defending this movie on ALL counts, denying its inherent flaws, being extremely rude to anyone who didn't love it as much as they did, etc.

Jun 23 - 06:36 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

I didn't find it emotionally impacting at all, but if you did that's good, you're entitled to.
I do believe there are flawless movies out there though.

Jun 23 - 06:38 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

What about Superman killing Zod, that had a lot of meaning behind it?

Jun 23 - 06:54 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Yeah it did actually. That scene was to show that not everything is black and white. Sometimes you have to do what's necessary to save innocent lives. Superman is against murder but he had to take Zod's life to protect an innocent family. They do this in a lot of movies and shows, trying to make the audience rethink our general sense of right and wrong.

Jun 23 - 06:58 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Actually I looking more in the view of Superman doesn't kill and he has to chose Earth over the last tie to Krypton, Cavill showing the confusion and sadness was just perfect there in my opinion.

Jun 23 - 07:02 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Word.

Jun 23 - 07:08 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

Yes. 56% is pretty dead on for what Man of Steel deserved.

Jun 23 - 04:50 PM

Bobby Sheppard

Bobby Sheppard

HELL NO.

Jun 23 - 04:21 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

No, it didn't. Should have at least been in the 60s. But life isn't fair. And neither are critics.

Jun 23 - 02:46 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Why does a rating matter? If you enjoyed the movie, it shouldn't. Even if you didn't enjoy the movie, it still doesn't matter what RT gave it. People fail to realize this site is all about opinions. Critics can give it whatever they want. Think for yourself people.

Jun 23 - 07:36 AM

cfergojr

Christopher Fergo

I really don't understand the critics on this one. There is no way this movie is worse than Superman Returns!

Jun 23 - 05:22 AM

Krisha Tongco

Krisha Tongco

Definitely not. It should be at least 75%.

Jun 23 - 04:28 AM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Was hoping for a fresh to.

Jun 23 - 02:25 PM

Ojany Molina

Ojany Molina

Come on, I'd at least give it a 65% fresh

Jun 22 - 11:55 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

jackass defending this movie

Jun 22 - 09:01 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Judge Nikhil, what is wrong with you?

Jun 22 - 09:02 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

i dont like Snyder

Jun 23 - 01:22 AM

Mr k.

Mr khan

So... since you do not like Snyder "for what ever reason" anyone who defends his movie is a jackass. People like you should just get hit by a bus and die. You do not live next to me or anything so you living is not a real problem for me but i think people who do live around you would benefit from it.

Jun 23 - 02:20 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Wow, khan... I used to think you were the embodiment of true Trollfighter spirit. But we all know that nikhil is cool, and he's right in this case. Also, he called everyone who defends this movie a jackass, so the way to respond is not to act like one. It just further proves his point.

Jun 23 - 08:46 AM

Blondie

No Name

Fuck off and die, Abella.

Jun 23 - 09:22 AM

Penny

ASH Taken

lol yeah you can say "die" to ablla and everyone will give you a pat on the back because you do not like him. However if someone says die to someone who happens to have the same opinions as you... OMG KHAN HOW COULD YOU DO THIS. From many of his posts anyone can see that nikhil is a bitch. People on this site have proven more than once so far how they choose who to defend and who not to defend and it is just the most dumbass reasons.

Jun 23 - 03:01 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

I am not getting mad at him for insulting the people who like this movie and want to defend it "Even though it is not a bad reason to do so" i am upset that i share the world with people like him who can not let anyone else have a different opinion or if they do than name calling has to become involved.

Also Ashley don't worry i learned that a while ago and stopped given a single fuck about many people on here and what they choose to do for personal reasons.

Jun 23 - 03:10 PM

Blondie

No Name

Well, Abella is a troll. Nikhil isn't horrible, he just needs to learn how to voice his opinions better and how to respect other people's opinions.

Jun 23 - 03:11 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

As soon as he learns how to do that than i don't give a shit what he does. As of now he is going around calling people who liked this movie a jackass just because he does not like the filmmaker connected to the project. If that is not what all of you go around calling a "troll" than ok.

Jun 23 - 03:14 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Nightmares for you, eh.

Jun 23 - 03:26 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Sure, but nobody should be calling each other jackasses or telling them to get fall under a bus just for liking a movie. We must reserve that for Trolls.

Jun 23 - 04:04 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Did you even read what we all wrote Tut...???

Jun 23 - 04:07 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Yeah... a Troll is someone who says something stupid to get a deliberate response. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference.

Jun 23 - 04:19 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Well than i guess as Ashley said he is more of a bitch than anything else. Abella does seem much more of the troll like.

Jun 23 - 04:22 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Sure. I get called a Troll for saying I didn't like Hugo, but the difference is that I actually believe that, and don't just do it to piss people off.

Jun 23 - 04:38 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

i m sorry if my comment has offended somebody but the fact is i hate mos and filmmakers like snyder &Mr Khan stop cursing me and lets be friends

Jun 24 - 10:20 PM

Leonardo Batista

Leonardo Batista

90% the critics here are INSANE...this is BS, if they want to see Almodovar all the time, they should not be reviewing movies for the general population

Jun 22 - 08:43 PM

John Stovall

John Stovall

I've felt this way for years Most critics simply look at other things than if its an entertaining film and in fact tend to ignore that aspect in their reviews. as much as the elitist in me hates it, audience reviews are a much much better barometer of whether a film is worth seeing.

Jun 24 - 10:10 AM

Leonardo Batista

Leonardo Batista

90% the critics here are INSANE

Jun 22 - 08:40 PM

Bobby Sheppard

Bobby Sheppard

Dude, what the hell?

Jun 23 - 04:22 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

No. Mid 80s.

Jun 22 - 08:20 PM

John Abella

John Abella

No, it deserves lower lol....

Jun 22 - 08:02 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

It deserved the 56% and Iron man 3 deserved a 78%. Everything deserves what it gets, also check the rating not just the percentage

Jun 22 - 07:51 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

I'd give it something in the range of 60 and 70. It has its good moments, but suffers from an identity crisis in choosing being a serious film or a blockbuster.

Jun 22 - 07:17 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

Your crime includes discussion of a bad movie on RT forum and the sentence is Death

Jun 22 - 06:38 PM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

I would honestly give it 40%

Jun 22 - 10:14 AM

Penny

ASH Taken

Jun 22 - 07:40 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Chase Nyland knows how to movie.

Jun 22 - 07:49 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Knows how to movie?

Jun 22 - 07:50 PM

Diego Tutweiller

As in, LOL HOW DO I MOVIE?

Jun 22 - 09:44 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler

I don't know how to movie.

Jun 24 - 10:27 AM

Samuel L Jackson

Samuel L Jackson

Sure it did. 56% is about right.

Jun 22 - 10:10 AM

Bobby Sheppard

Bobby Sheppard

?? really

Jun 23 - 04:23 PM

Samuel L Jackson

Samuel L Jackson

SAY 'REALLY' AGAIN. I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER. SAY 'REALLY' ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME.

Jun 24 - 10:42 AM

Samuel L Jackson

Samuel L Jackson

Forgive me I was deep in character there. What I meant to say was: Yes, I believe 56% to be a fairly accurate indication of the movie's quality. However, I do preserve high hopes for a superior sequel. I still believe in heroes.

Jun 24 - 02:53 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I'd give it a 20%.

Jun 22 - 09:46 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler

Hugo. Up.

Jun 22 - 09:53 AM

Diego Tutweiller

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY SUCKED.

Jun 22 - 10:08 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler

Hugo Up into hell.

Jun 22 - 10:10 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Hugo was fantastic and Up was really good.

Jun 22 - 10:21 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Hugo was the anus of cinema, and Up was a nostalgic fuckfest of sepia-toned flashbacks that left me lying in the crawlspace under my house trying to gouge out my eyeballs with an ice pick.

Jun 22 - 11:16 AM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

HUGO WAS AMAZING

Jun 22 - 06:48 PM

Penny

ASH Taken

I really liked up.

Jun 22 - 07:41 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Oh, guys. You should know by now what to expect from me. I have taken massive (yet unintentional) shits on at least a hundred beloved movies, the most notable of which are Up, Hugo, every Harry Potter movie, August Rush, The Avengers, Thor, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, and Evil Dead.

Jun 22 - 07:48 PM

Penny

ASH Taken

First of all I don't think Crystal Skull is that loved and second of all FUCK YOU!!!!!!!! lol

Jun 22 - 07:53 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

The troll word is so overused these days. It seems anyone you can't agree or side with becomes a troll.

Jun 22 - 09:47 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

He said everyone is allowed to have an opinion and you replied with cunt zilla. I see no reason to get into an argument so if you wish to call him a troll and me blind for not siding with something i have not heard the whole side of than that is your choice.

Jun 22 - 10:20 PM

Penny

ASH Taken

At least he did not talk down to Christianity and insult everything that its followers believe in like Diego. I am not a Christan but i know how to respect people who are. In every conversation he is in he will say a statement which he knows will get people heated up. If you wish to choose sides that is up to you i feel no need to do so.

Jun 22 - 10:29 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Read what he wrote before you called him a cunt.

Jun 22 - 10:31 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

So that got you mad enough to call someone a cunt over the internet?

Jun 22 - 10:43 PM

Penny

ASH Taken

Yeah calling the virgin Mary a whore by saying that she has an affair. If that is what you find funny that this conversation has no meaning. The only reason your made at godzilla is because he called your friend a kid and your ok with your friend shitting on the beliefs of billions of people. This is nothing but a personal problem that i have no reason to be a part of.

Jun 22 - 10:47 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Than why in the actual fuck are you made at him? if it is a part of the internet? Also i have never done anything like this if i have it must have been because somebody got personal with me "family wise"

Jun 22 - 10:50 PM

Penny

ASH Taken

Stuff like this is very sensitive to many people and so i see no reason in being disrespectful. It is called being respectful. If you have this fucked up sense of humor at others expense than that is something you can deal with but i see no reason to hurt people who have not hurt me. This conversation is really going to go nowhere i am far past laughing at hurtful jokes and can not have a conversation with someone who is still going threw laughing at them. The people that really should be called trolls by doing shit like that you laugh next to them and people who in rely call people like that kids you get mad at.

Jun 22 - 11:02 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

I would not put it that way myself but i have to agree with the final sentence.

Jun 22 - 11:13 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

What the fuck happened here?

Jun 22 - 11:31 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

I had no idea roaches can speak!

Jun 22 - 11:38 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

cunt zilla = Abella

Jun 23 - 01:26 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Hey, is that a little bitch? I think I smell a little bitch on the forum.

Jun 23 - 08:47 AM

god z.

god zilla

Maybe read a little it will help you get a better understanding of where i stand.

Jun 23 - 03:08 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Okay, thus far you have insulted my age group, contributed nothing to our debate, and acted like an incredible dick. I think you have made it quite clear who the idiot is here. And to Ashley: Yeah, I said all that stuff. Is there a problem? I wasn't 'insulting all Christians' or something, I was just giving a plausible explanation as to why thousands of people believe a falsehood.

You're never too young to start caring about what goes on in the world. The assertion that I shouldn't be talking about The Bible or abortion is exactly what's wrong with the world today. All old people just listen to each other, while their age-old ideas are what has put the world in such a mess. Maybe if you stopped shutting yourself in and listened to what other people had to say, you wouldn't be ignorant enough to embarrass yourself online repeatedly.

Oh, and just because I get on the computer occasionally doesn't mean I never help out around the house or go outside. I'm writing a screenplay. I'm reading a book. I run every day. You, on the other hand, seem to have nothing better to do than call people younger than you stupid over the internet. You are the embodiment of prejudice. I hope you realize that.

Jun 23 - 04:37 PM

god z.

god zilla

Seems you will never get it. I am done trying with you.

Jun 23 - 04:38 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

lol people getting butt hurt and spamming god zilla. RT is amazing.

Jun 23 - 06:28 PM

god z.

god zilla

lol yup everything that i said to prove myself right got deleted because that Diego kid told everyone to flag spam my posts. Well whatever.

Jun 25 - 03:20 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Read

Jun 22 - 11:32 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Too many paragraphs. I'll just go back to the liquor and hopefully have no memory of this like last time.

Jun 22 - 11:35 PM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

i'l give it 11%

Jun 23 - 08:22 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler

Out of 10, I'd give it a 10.

Jun 22 - 09:46 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It'd say it deserves about a 67%

Jun 22 - 09:26 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

You fight like a young man, admirable, but mistaken.

Jun 22 - 10:06 AM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

I haven't seen the movie, but the fact that you don't like it probably means its fantastic.

Jun 22 - 10:07 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler

It's my favorite film of the year so far.

Jun 22 - 10:11 AM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

This is Judge Nikhil and its JUDGEMENT TIME

Jun 22 - 06:37 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile