More Threads

0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

Films that are bad but aren't terrible

Movie 43 (yeah, I said it), Superman III, Star Trek: Insurrection, Halloween 5, Rebound, Daddy Day Care, Brian's Song (2001), Paul Blart: Mall Cop, 21 & Over, Hellraiser 6, Zookeeper, Are We Done Yet?, Max Payne, Wing Commander, Lady in the Water, The Specials, The Marine
John Tyler
06-23-2013 11:26 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Max M.

The Dude

Eagle Eye and Transformers 3.

Jun 24 - 02:31 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3

Jun 23 - 09:45 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

Doom, Pandorum, MacGruber

Jun 23 - 05:57 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

The one that stands out most for me is The Core. It's a piece of shit, but it's so stupid and campy that it's hard not to enjoy watching. Here's just a few of its many sins:

1) Unobtainium. Does every director have a hidden agreement that they have to use this retarded name for an element? It sure seems like it. Why not call it "Impossibletogetium" or "Idontgiveafuckium?"
2) A big thing is made of hiding what's wrong with the Earth's core, even though any asshole with a compass could figure it out.
3) The hole in the ozone layer melts the Golden Gate Bridge. IMPOSSIBRU!
4) They use nuclear bombs to reactivate the core of the Earth, even though it would take billions of them just to get it to budge a little bit.
5) The black guy dies right off the bat.

Jun 23 - 12:56 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Unobtanium? Like Avatarded?

Jun 23 - 12:58 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Exactly! I recommend this movie to everyone who wants to see how NOT to do a film. Oh, and here's a few more:

6) A big thing is made of how pigeons navigate using the Earth's magnetic field, and so when the core stops rotating they start flying around and smacking into shit. Which raises the obvious question... is there something wrong with their eyes?
7) Somehow, the US government is able to create a device that sends earthquakes through the core of the Earth to our enemies, and yet cannot pass a budget.
8) Remember how the Golden Gate Bridge is melted by a hole in the ozone? Well, the hole itself is caused by the core stopping its spinning. Which, for those of you who didn't take Freshmen science, is not how the ozone layer works.
9) The core's halt causes electrical storms that destroy the Roman Colosseum. Again, how? Why even bother explaining, the rest of this film is such a clusterfuck, it doesn't even matter.
10) The scientists drill into the mantle to restart the core, but on their way, they encounter a giant geode, which they drill into. They then walk around in it, thousands of miles below the Earth's surface. So... How does this geode exist? How did the pressure not crush it? Negating that, how did they not destroy it when they drilled into it? How were they able to survive the intense pressure and walk around?
11) For some reason, the film's writers created a whole scenario where the core is actually not the same size that we thought it was. But that's pretty much shitting in the faces of every scientist on the planet, who have all but unanimously calculated the core's size.

Anyway... maybe I should do an "Everything Wrong With The Core" video on YouTube and not push this shit on you guys.

Jun 23 - 06:09 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Plus, if the ozone cracked like it did, everyone on the GG Bridge woulda been as flat as pancakes.

Jun 23 - 09:41 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3, Taken 2, M43, X-Men 3, Rush Hour 3, Blade Trinity, Spawn, and Halloween 2 were bad, but were far from terrible.

Jun 23 - 11:33 AM

John Tyler

John *

About Halloween II, if you're talking about the one from 1981, I disagree since I thought it was a fantastic sequel. If you're talking about the one from 2009, I disagree because it IS terrible.

Jun 23 - 11:35 AM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

The 1981 was bad. It wasn't scary and relied too much on jumps.

Jun 23 - 12:26 PM

John Tyler

John *

I personally thought it was great. I liked the tension, suspense, atmosphere, gore, characters, writing, directing, and inventive death scenes. The shots of Michael's P.O.V. were very well-done. And the explanation that Laurie and Michael was decent, mainly because it wasn't really in-your-face.

Jun 23 - 12:30 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

The original was great because it wasn't really a generic slasher. It only had like 3-4 deaths in the entire film (tame compared to the sequels). It was better because the film built up this tension with Michael. We saw him for like a max of 30 minutes. The sequel had tension, but it was too generic.

Jun 23 - 12:37 PM

John Tyler

John *

I personally like to treat 1 & 2 as one film since both take place on the same night.

Jun 23 - 01:02 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

But John Halloween 2 ruins what the first set up. Halloween was great because in a way it felt real and that a psychopath could do something this horrid. Halloween 2 turns the story into a generic slasher series which gives reason to Meyers killing, going after family, versus the much more scary, anyone can be a target. The first made it look as he was out for everyone where the second on just says stay away from his family and you'll be fine. Personally, I don't like what they did and went the route of Halloween 3 and make an anthology of horror films versus constantly ruining the first by making one of the most clichéd slasher genres ever.

Jun 23 - 06:17 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I don't get horror movies. There, I said it.

Jun 23 - 09:36 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

Modern, a certain decade, or the genre in general?

Jun 24 - 11:15 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile