More Threads

136 Hey, John Tyler 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it. 0 Zein, you are not the king. No one ever agreed to it.

Films I like that get shit on

Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, War of the Worlds '05, Constantine, Green Lantern, Daredevil, Batman Forever, The Reaping, Whiteout, Total Recall '12, Star Trek: Generations, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Superman Returns, A View to a Kill, Deadly Friend, Shocker, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Spider-Man 3, Terminator Salvation, Alice in Wonderland '10, 2012, Cloverfield, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Blade: Trinity, Resident Evil: Extinction, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Resident Evil: Retribution, Sucker Punch, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, Mirrors, Saw I-IV, Saw VI, Dead Silence, Death Sentence, Doomsday, Silent Hill, Centurion, Silent Hill: Revelation, Mission: Impossible 2 (come the fuck at me, Diego), Sinister, Another 48 Hrs., A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, Friday the 13th '09, The Lords of Salem, Vanishing on 7th Street, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, The Waterboy, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, Evolution, The Watch, The Green Hornet, The Island, Bad Boys II, Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday, Creepshow 2, Avatar, Titanic, The Beach, Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Man of Steel, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, The Call, Olympus Has Fallen, The Family Man, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Rush Hour 3, Fear X, Pusher (the English-language remake), Hannibal, Red Dragon, Paranormal Activity, Paranormal Activity 2, Paranormal Activity 3, The Divide, Alex Cross, John Carter, Rocky IV, Rambo III, Rambo (2008), Gone in 60 Seconds (the one with Nic Cage), The Sorcerer's Apprentice, The Hangover Part II, Project X (the 2012 film), The Hangover Part III, Dune, Jumper, The Great Gatsby (the films from '74, 2000, and this year), Don't Be Afraid of the Dark '11, Ocean's Twelve, Parker, High Tension, Martyrs, Beautiful Creatures, Clash of the Titans '10, Wrath of the Titans, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Dark Shadows (2012), Underworld, Underworld: Evolution, A Good Day to Die Hard (yes, I went there), Battleship, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, The Jackal '97, Deep Rising, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The Karate Kid Part II, Cobra, Congo, Legion, The Vow, Alien 3, J. Edgar, Cowboys & Aliens, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, 30 Minutes or Less, Gangster Squad, The Fast and the Furious, Fast & Furious 4, The Mechanic, Blitz, Killer Elite, The Dilemma, Hall Pass, Me Myself & Irene, I Am Number Four, Sanctum, The Rite, Dark Skies, Take Me Home Tonight, Drive Angry 3D, The Ward, Ghosts of Mars, Prince of Darkness, Black Moon Rising, John Carpenter's Vampires, Fright Night Part II (from 1988), Battle: Los Angeles, Devil, Tron: Legacy, Tekken, etc.
John Tyler
J *
06-28-2013 06:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Tommy South

Zack Snyder

The movies I can see on your list that I like are
Cloverfield (not a bad film at all)
Waterboy (was quite fun but I wouldn't watch it again)
Avatar (I liked it the first time)
Titanic (entertaining, again, not so much on repeat viewings)
The Beach(A bit muddled but has some interesting themes and nice scenery)
Red Dragon(Decent enough prequel)
Me Myself and Irene (I thought it was funny).
Most of the rest of them I haven't seen or didn't like.

Jun 29 - 07:12 AM

Max M.

The Dude

One of this I liked the most about Midnight in Paris was the fact that the bad guys, who were Rachel MacAdams, Michael Sheen, and her parents, were such fuckin' assholes. They're not like Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects or any incarnation of the Joker because I like those villains. I think they're smart, clever, and awesome in every way. McAdams, her parents, and Sheen were nothing but yuppie trash. Both the father and McAdams give Wilson shit for maybe cheating on McAdams, but as it fucking turns out, she's cheating on Wilson with Sheen! She dismisses it as nothing but a fucking fling, and when Wilson finds out about it, he confronts her. She actually admits it, and she gives him shit about giving her shit about it! The antagonists' unlikability makes the film good because it just makes me root for the main character than I already was. It made Wilson more likable because I had no one else to like in the film. I would've hated the film if Wilson ended up marrying McAdams and became miserable. You have to look past the fact that Midnight in Paris is slow and a bit long, otherwise, what's the point?

Jun 29 - 06:26 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Dark Skies was laughably bad.

Jun 29 - 06:13 AM

John Tyler

J *

I liked the atmosphere and direction.

Jun 29 - 06:55 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

The atmosphere for me was ruined by all the unintentional humor and cliche scares.

Jun 29 - 07:01 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Lol You know what, though? It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sure, it was really bad but there were a handful of scenes that either made me jump or slightly disturbed me. Perhaps that's because I purposely didn't see many trailers for the film. Or it could be because my date jumped at everything haha.

Jun 29 - 07:05 AM

John Tyler

J *

Not to mention, there weren't much annoying jump scares. I commend writer/director Scott Stewart for that.

Jun 29 - 07:08 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I swear to god my friend (let's just call him Count Pussalot) jumped 8 TIMES in World War Z. It was annoying as hell.

Jun 29 - 07:40 AM

Chase The Lost

LMAO @ Count Pussalot.

Jun 29 - 07:47 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

YOU LIKED TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN?!?! I'm sorry, but I thought it was godawful.

Jun 29 - 06:13 AM

John Tyler

J *

It was just dumb, stupid fun for me.

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I can (kinda) respect that. Haha

Jun 29 - 06:56 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Gangster Squad is criminally underrated.

Jun 29 - 06:12 AM

John Tyler

J *

Bingo!

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Alice In Wonderland is legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen in my life. I hate it so fucking much.

Jun 29 - 06:11 AM

John Tyler

J *

I fail epically to understand why people hate it.

Jun 29 - 06:54 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It was obnoxious as hell, the acting was mediocre, piss-poor CGI, annoying characters, and so-so direction. I left the theater when I first saw it and I gave it another chance when it came out on DVD and I still fucking hated it.

Jun 29 - 06:58 AM

Max M.

The Dude

This isn't going as well as I thought it would. I pay my respects.

Jun 29 - 06:02 AM

Judge Nikhil

nikhil bhardwaj

i like Rush Hour, Rush Hour 2, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, War of the Worlds '05

Jun 29 - 05:57 AM

Tommy South

Zack Snyder

I would agree with War of the worlds.That's not a bad film.

Jun 29 - 07:45 AM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

Blade Trinity gets a lot of hate and I think it needs more hate, because it's that bad. I'll tell you what I think of Man of Steel after I see it today, but I agree on the Titans movies, Terminator Salvation, Spider-Man 3, X-Men Origins, Green Hornet, G.I. Joes (guilty pleasures), Cowboys and Aliens, Daredevil and Constantine. The rest I either don't agree with, didn't see because I scanned through it, or haven't seen.

Jun 29 - 04:40 AM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Silent Hill Revelation? That movie was god awful and ruined the promise that was in the first.
AND HALLOWEEN 3!? THAT WAS THE WORST HALLOWEEN FILM!

Jun 28 - 10:31 PM

John Tyler

J *

I thought SH:R had a decent atmosphere. Not to mention, I actually gage a shit about the characters. Also, the worst Halloween film is clearly Rob Zombie's H2.

Jun 29 - 05:52 AM

Penny

Penny BigBang

You liked a A Good Day to Die Hard , The Rise of Cobra and Transformers 2? Why not just drop your wallet in a prison shower?

Jun 28 - 10:01 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

One of those rare times when I agree with Ashley. Weird.

Jun 28 - 10:16 PM

Penny

Penny BigBang

Huh? Do we share a lot of different opinions?

Jun 28 - 10:30 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

This is John in a prison shower:

WHOOPS! LOOKS LIKE I... DROPPED... THE SOAP!!! LET ME JUST... BEND OVER... AND PICK IT UP!

Jun 28 - 10:34 PM

John Tyler

J *

Fuck off, Diego.

Jun 29 - 05:48 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Hee hee hee.

Jun 29 - 07:27 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Bitches these days.......

Jun 29 - 03:15 PM

Max M.

The Dude

....always wanderin' outside the kitchen.

Jun 29 - 07:20 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

DON'T TALK SHIT ON MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!! Also, Gangster Squad, Crystal Skulls, and Rocky IV aren't great, but I don't think are worth having someone take an anal evacuation on; just my opinion.

Jun 28 - 08:22 PM

John Tyler

J *

At least the MMPR movie actually had a plot, unlike the horrendous spin-off reboot sequel Turbo.

Jun 28 - 08:40 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

That movie doesn't exist.

Jun 29 - 03:02 PM

Diego Tutweiller

God damn it, Tyler. You like fucking everything, and then take a massive dump on Slumdog Millionaire and the aforementioned Midnight in Paris. The fuck?

Jun 28 - 08:14 PM

John Tyler

J *

I didn't hate Midnight in Paris. I disliked it. I thought it was boring and it never caught my interest. At least that and all the films on my list never had several annoying conveniences in the storytelling or cinematography that was generic beyond human comprehension.

Jun 28 - 08:39 PM

Diego Tutweiller

You liked Crystal Skull more than Midnight in Paris. Do you even FILM, Tyler?

Jun 28 - 08:41 PM

John Tyler

J *

I don't make movies. I talk about them and watch them.

Jun 28 - 08:43 PM

Diego Tutweiller

No, I meant like 'do you even lift'... DOESN'T MATTER. Owen Wilson was great. What the fuck you talkin' bout?

Jun 28 - 08:45 PM

John Tyler

J *

The acting was good, but not enough to keep me invested in the movie.

Jun 28 - 08:48 PM

Diego Tutweiller

What DOES keep you invested? Aliens in an INDIANA FUCKING JONES MOVIE?

Jun 28 - 08:49 PM

John Tyler

J *

I never found a problem with the aliens. If melting faces and heart removals can exist in Indiana Jones, so can aliens.

Jun 28 - 08:52 PM

Diego Tutweiller

But it's all anchored in history. Except for Temple of Doom, which wasn't too good either. Aliens were just a random and unrelated thing to throw in.

Jun 28 - 08:56 PM

John Tyler

J *

Well, in the 50's, the sci-fi genre took the world by storm with alien invasion B-movies. And Indy 4 takes place in 1957, so it'd make a bit of sense as to why aliens were thrown in there.

Jun 28 - 09:01 PM

Diego Tutweiller

That's like saying Looper should have aliens because it takes place in the future, and everyone thinks we'll find aliens in the future.

Jun 28 - 09:08 PM

John Tyler

J *

Okay, but that's beside the point.

Jun 28 - 09:10 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Exactly! Just because it takes place in a certain time period doesn't mean it has to take on what was popular then. The Godfather Part II takes place around then, and there's no fucking aliens in THAT, are there? I could have thought of a million better artifacts for Indy to go after before using fucking ALIENS.

Jun 28 - 09:18 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Although I don't agree with John, what he is saying is factual. In the 30s, the TV adventure serials were really popular so they made Raiders like an adventure serial because it was set in the 30s. In the 50s, alien movies were really popular so they decided to make it more sci if. Was it a good idea? No, in my opinion. But, it wasn't just random. There was a reason. A stupid reason.

Jun 28 - 10:22 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Okay, sure. 'A stupid reason', lol.

Jun 28 - 10:34 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure Michael Bay has some stupid reason as to why he cast Megan Fox as April O'Neal.

Jun 28 - 10:36 PM

Max M.

The Dude

And you didn't like Midnight in Paris. Goddamnit, John.

Jun 28 - 08:10 PM

John Tyler

J *

I thought it was a boring film that never caught my interest.

Jun 28 - 08:34 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Most of these get shit on for a reason...

Jun 28 - 07:55 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Listen to me very carefully: You listed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on a list of movies you LIKE. You are DEAD to me.

Jun 28 - 07:50 PM

John Tyler

J *

I don't give a flying fuck.

Jun 28 - 07:57 PM

Diego Tutweiller

It RAPED Indiana Jones. RAPED. My childhood was fucked in the ass quite literally before my eyes. I will never forgive George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

Jun 28 - 08:02 PM

John Tyler

J *

Sorry, but I enjoyed Crystal Skull. Go back to the land of butthurt fanboys.

Jun 28 - 08:35 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Oh shit.........

Jun 28 - 08:38 PM

Diego Tutweiller

This from the guy who said (and I quote) "ODE TO DAREDEVIL: This movie was great. Fuck the haters."

Jun 28 - 08:39 PM

John Tyler

J *

I made that thread because I was defending Daredevil, a film that gets shit on FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHATSOEVER.

Jun 28 - 08:42 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Except that it's a lame movie about a lame superhero made back in the day when Ben Affleck sucked fucking gigantic Elephant dicks.

Jun 28 - 09:08 PM

John Tyler

J *

FACTS:
Daredevil is a good movie
The hero is a fantastic and complex character
Ben Affleck is a seriously underrated actor
YOU...ARE...WRONG

Jun 28 - 09:13 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Not a fact.

Jun 28 - 10:36 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

You are right when you say the character is complex and fantastic. Just not in the movie.

Jun 28 - 10:38 PM

John Tyler

J *

You're kidding. Ben Affleck did one hell of a good job portraying Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the movie.

Jun 29 - 07:06 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I honestly don't know why you sound surprised to hear that. By now, it should just be common for you to hear hate towards Daredevil.

Jun 29 - 03:12 PM

John Tyler

J *

It IS common to me. It's just that the reasons WHY people hate it surprise me as well as piss me off.

Jun 29 - 03:13 PM

Tommy South

Zack Snyder

You must really like the Great Gatsby. I didn't really like the 2000 movie and have yet to see the new one, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Jun 28 - 07:30 PM

Penny

Penny BigBang

I guess I finally found my respectfully disagreeing breaking point.

Jun 28 - 07:17 PM

John Tyler

J *

...interesting...

Jun 28 - 07:18 PM

Chase The Lost

Oh?

Jun 28 - 08:06 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

You hit your breaking point a long time ago.

Jun 29 - 04:57 AM

Penny

Penny BigBang

I guess i finally found by respectfully disagreeing breaking point lol.

Jun 28 - 07:13 PM

John Tyler

J *

*I *my
Not to be an ass or anything...

Jun 28 - 07:14 PM

Chase The Lost

Devil? Really?

Jun 28 - 07:05 PM

John Tyler

J *

It's one of Shyamalamadingdong's better films and he didn't even direct it.

Jun 28 - 07:08 PM

John Tyler

J *

And give me credit. I included Martyrs and Mirrors.
...FUCK! How did I forget to put Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on there?!

Jun 28 - 07:13 PM

Chase The Lost

Ahhh, I didn't see Mirrors and Martyrs on your list at first. Good choices. By the way, who shits on those three movies you just mentioned?

Jun 28 - 08:05 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Well, Mirrors has a pretty shitty score on this website.

Jun 28 - 08:23 PM

John Tyler

J *

14%...MY ASS.

Jun 28 - 08:34 PM

Chase The Lost

Holy shit. I never knew that. 14 fucking percent?? That's ridiculous.

Jun 28 - 08:40 PM

John Tyler

J *

Exactly!

Jun 28 - 08:42 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I've never seen it because i didn't find the trailers very impressive.

Jun 28 - 10:37 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Mirrors sucked. I mean it wasn't scary in a single way.

Jun 28 - 10:41 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I agree, Mirrors was shitty.

Jun 29 - 04:58 AM

Chase The Lost

Well, fine. Be that way.

But seriously, it's all cool. I'm the only one I know of besides my roommate that liked it.

Jun 29 - 07:08 AM

John Tyler

J *

I liked it as well. It has everything I want in a horror movie: a good story, a solid atmosphere, great gore effects that were PRACTICAL, and high tension.

Jun 29 - 07:10 AM

Chase The Lost

I agree!

Jun 29 - 07:15 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile