19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Last Man Standing: Season 3
—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Superman Returns Reviews

April 14, 2014
This is one terribly, insanely boring film.
Vincent T

November 12, 2007
_spoilers_
The most enjoyable part of the movie is when he saves the plane in the begining of the film. It is very 40-70's superman. No real villains you know.. until they introduce Lex... But for the most part this is your cat saving, fire dousing, whale unbeaching superman who is a good face for the public, kisses babies next to the president, and still has enough time to do letterman late shows while keeping it wholesome.
Thats the problem... It's the 21st century now. Post 9/11. Internet age. The world is to dark and grisly and also self aware of it's own grossness to have such nonsensical heroics.. Plane saving aside, Superman is better outfitted for larger things. Lol.. Remember that batman teaser in I am Legend? they were actually going to do a Christian Bale cross over with this movie.. LOL.
June 30, 2007
Yay! Another awesome movie! Seriously. Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth are SO adorable together. They're...so cute. I really wanted them to KISS, though and they never did! Hopefully there will be another one!
April 9, 2014
1 good scene.. when Superman gets shot in the eyeball.
June 12, 2013
An unfairly maligned reboot of Clark Kent, Superman Returns adds a brooding darkness to the hero and crafts a fantastic new perspective of Superman.
April 8, 2014
An hour too long and not the Return of Superman I was hoping for. I'll wait for his next Return.
April 7, 2014
A slow paced, not really exciting rendition of Superman that leads a cold and empty feeling inside, Superman Returns is a disappointing, yet not terrible adaptation of the iconic character.
June 7, 2007
THis movie was awesome!!! Superman Returned like never before!!! SUperman is back, and could we say better than ever??
April 3, 2014
I didn't hate it as much as many people did, but it was very lacking in action and NOT ONCE does Superman throw a punch in that movie! Also, another one of my problems with not only this movie, but all the Superman movies, is that how can nobody see that Superman is Clark Kent behind those stupid, stupid glasses? I mean is everyone in Metropolis blind? Maybe THEY need glasses! While we're on the subject of the people being blind, Lois Lane has to be the dumbest lady in all of Metropolis! I mean, his son throws a piano at a henchmen and she doesn't even question it and why doesn't her son just break the pantry door open when they were locked in there? Okay, so what did I like from this movie? Well, I liked the opening; it was a nice homage to the 70's and 80's Superman flicks. I liked the plane scene, that was pretty cool. I liked that part with the robber shooting at Superman's eye, even though they could have ended the scene better. I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, he seemed to enjoy the part. That's about it. The climactic scene towards the end was a huge disappointment. It didn't go on for long enough, there wasn't a whole lot of action, Superman, just resolved it too quickly, and again, not a single punch thrown by Superman! Overall, this movie was okay.
September 24, 2012
This movie looks beautiful through and through, from one shot to the next.
It is (however) just two and a half hours of redundant shots of Superman doing absolutely nothing.
March 26, 2014
THIS IS SOOOOOOO DAMN TERRIBLE
andrewrosenbaum1212
March 23, 2014
This MY second favorite Superman movie OF ALL TIMES PERIOD LIST why:BEST Louis Kate Bosworth NUM:2; Brandon Routh look great with Kate. their chemistry together on screen to me Was so good and made 2 ionic comics legend love story seem real LIKE they belong together like in the Superman comics and I personally couldn't stop watching that. love this movie!!! Best Louis and Clark. Watch and find out. Love the way they did the Superman suit too BEST. Watch and find out AND I promise you will like it. It's super!!!!!
Eric B.
September 16, 2013
Superman Returns was a decent hero flick. I like the plot and where it takes place (after Superman 2, and ignoring 3&4) with him being gone from earth for 5 years. Lex Luthor never went to jail because of Superman's absence as he was the only witness or so. The film was a bit slow at first, but it picked up its pace. I liked the performances by Brandon Routh as Superman & Kate Bosworth as Louis Lane. But Lex Luthor played as by Kevin Spacey really stole the show. If you're a DC fan or hero fan in general its worth a watch.
December 25, 2012
Loved it!!!!! I think Brian Singer is an amazing director.
March 2, 2014
It's not the best super hero movie out there, but it has its merits.
March 2, 2014
REVISITADA: Todo el mundo la detesto, pero a mi parecer esta película esta mejor hecha que la mas reciente: "Man of Steel". ¿Cual es el problema que Superman tenga un hijo? :)

Hacer películas sobre Superman no me parece tarea fácil, plantearle un reto a este personaje requiere de mucha imaginación, me parece que Singer lo logra. Me parece que la cinta concluye satisfactoriamente a la saga iniciada en los 80's
February 23, 2014
Definitely a good reboot, not exceptional but it keeps the Superman legend alive with a more modern approach. I liked the slight differences and the emphasis about sensibility keeping the good action rolling on
September 16, 2013
Unlike most people, I really like this movie. Yes Superman did not punch shit, he did not fight anyone, and most of his actions involves lifting things. My point is, all movies are subjective.
October 25, 2010
In retrospect, this movie feels like an admirable misfire. Though it lacks in action and compelling leads, it preserves much of what made the original franchise so fantastic. The humor, the tone, the romance, and its examination of the more human nature of Superman are rather striking. However, its over reliance on what came before it, including major plot rehashes and oversights, keep it from soaring. Watching this again after "Man of Steel" made me realize how close this movie came to bringing Superman back in a glorious way. It fell just short, and now we have to look forward to a decade of Justice League centric cacophony from Mr. Snyder.
March 20, 2012