Superstición (1982) - Rotten Tomatoes

Superstición (1982)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Superstición Trailers & Photos

Movie Info

In this thriller a foolish minister disregards the warnings of his new parishioners and moves his family into a home that sits upon property once owned by a 300-year-old witch who is anxious to get revenge against those directly or indirectly involved with her violent death.more
Rating: R
Genre: Drama, Horror
Directed By: , , ,
Written By: Brad White, Donald G. Thompson, Bret Plate, Michael O. Sajbel, Galen Thompson
In Theaters:

as Justin Leahy
Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Superstición

Critic Reviews for Superstición

All Critics (3) | Top Critics (1)

Full Review… | November 18, 2006
Time Out
Top Critic

If you're in the mood for a low-budget 80s curio with pretty good practical effects and inventive death scenes, Superstition is worth sitting a spell.

Full Review… | December 23, 2006

45 seconds of half-decent gore mired in a movie so lifeless it's almost scary. Almost.

Full Review… | October 21, 2006

Audience Reviews for Superstición

A hidden gem amongst horror films. It's definitely not perfect and it's filled with plot holes, but it's got some balls and you can't say that about all horror films of the era it came out in. First of all, everybody gets it in this one. The young, the old...even the priests. Several of the death sequences in this are spectacular, as is the soundtrack. This movie definitely reeks of an Argento rip off. Everything from the rock and roll score, the camera angles and moves, and even right down to the subject's got Dario Argento written all over it. I do believe this was intentional. If not, it's an astounding coincidence. Regardless, it still holds your interest all the way through. It has genuine jumps and scares and really delivers on the violence and gore. I can't believe this isn't a more popular underground film. It's a real shame because this one could be a great midnight circuit player. Definitely check it out if you can find it.

Tim Salmons

Surprisingly effecting early-80's low-budget horror flick. With creative death scenes and very well paced, it is quite good for its era and /budget. The Goblin-esque score helps quite a bit. Worth a peak.

My initial review:

"Um yeah, so there's a witch, there's some flashbacks, there's death by largely unseen parties, it's all kinda boring except when someone is dying. It's also interesting to notice that no matter HOW MANY fucking people die in this old house, the local church seems hellbent on making a family live there, it's kinda ridiculous.

Pass, unless you're some sort of 80's horror completist."

Having given it a second look without realizing that I'd seen it before I'm bumping that original score up a bit, as it does have some creepy moments, perhaps I was just too harsh on the initial viewing.

Superstición Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Superstición on our Movie forum!